DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   XL-H1A cases (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/128579-xl-h1a-cases.html)

Josh Chesarek October 9th, 2008 10:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Lopez (Post 943680)
Please do if you have time.

Sorry about the delay.

Here you go!

I do like the bag. Things are snug but I can get everything i need to shoot in one bag. The side pouch holds all my cables in zip lock bags. The other pouch holds the rain cover and a few filters. the rest goes into the main body to the left of the camera in the divided areas.

Curtis Edwards October 9th, 2008 11:47 AM

Thanks Josh that looks perfect!

Daniel Lopez November 18th, 2008 06:34 PM

So after a few trips with the Pelican 1510 I can honestly say it is great. It fits easily in the overhead bin of the airplane. I love that it has wheels because having to carry a tripod and another digital camera and small hd handheld camera it makes things easier. I am taking it on its first international trip soon but I do not expect any problems.

I had to pick and pluck the foam and now the pieces are not staying together easily. I might have to get some more foam soon. You can fit the whole camera in with two batteries and wireless mics in the case.

Josh Chesarek November 18th, 2008 08:08 PM

I had the same issue about the foam. I remember reading though, that with a bit of spray adesive and a night to dry, the foam is much more sturdy.

Dale Guthormsen November 28th, 2008 07:31 AM

Good morning,

I have two cases that the xlh1 will fit well into.

I use the porta brace backpack, believe it is bp 502 or 302. It carries the camera set up and ready. I carry a 100- 400 zoom a 200mm macro, Lens adapters, filters, diopters, four 945 batteries, 910 battery mount for rear, Tapes, white card cables and there is room for more if one wants. It mostly sets on my back seat and is always ready to go. I doubt if it is carry on even if it is a back pack. If I wear it it has great shoulder straps and a support belt as well. You can also put a dolly on it for wheels.

I also use the porta brace that is made for the xl2. It holds the camera assembled and ready to go. It can carry battteries tapes and a few odds and ends. for regular use I never put things loose in the camera compartment (I will lose something for certain). But for traveling you can stuff quite a bit in it!! It will go on the airlines. this case has hard protection for the view finder!! If traveling by plane or vehicle when not shooting I think I would disconnect the fu1000 to be safe!!

I am totally satisfied with them.

I need a Lockable, waterproof, breathable hard case, suggestions???

Daniel Lopez December 1st, 2008 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dale Guthormsen (Post 969948)
Good morning,

I have two cases that the xlh1 will fit well into.

I use the porta brace backpack, believe it is bp 502 or 302. It carries the camera set up and ready. I carry a 100- 400 zoom a 200mm macro, Lens adapters, filters, diopters, four 945 batteries, 910 battery mount for rear, Tapes, white card cables and there is room for more if one wants. It mostly sets on my back seat and is always ready to go. I doubt if it is carry on even if it is a back pack. If I wear it it has great shoulder straps and a support belt as well. You can also put a dolly on it for wheels.

I also use the porta brace that is made for the xl2. It holds the camera assembled and ready to go. It can carry battteries tapes and a few odds and ends. for regular use I never put things loose in the camera compartment (I will lose something for certain). But for traveling you can stuff quite a bit in it!! It will go on the airlines. this case has hard protection for the view finder!! If traveling by plane or vehicle when not shooting I think I would disconnect the fu1000 to be safe!!

I am totally satisfied with them.

I need a Lockable, waterproof, breathable hard case, suggestions???

I just got back from shooting in Grenada, Nicaragua and the Pelican got bounced around alot and it was still fine. The foam is really taking a beating though from pulling the camera in and out. I think I will try to reinforce the foam with the suggestion above.