Shoulder support for H1 and Letus adaptor? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old January 23rd, 2009, 09:05 AM   #1
Trustee

Shoulder support for H1 and Letus adaptor?

Sorry about double posting, but I wanted to make sure that I got this on the H1 forum...

Has anyone found a successfull shoulder mount solution ? I shoot with a Canon H1 and A1, and prefer to use my Letus adaptor on the H1. I have a dv multirig pro ( which danny said might be adaptable), a tiffen steady stick and a CB-105. I was thinking of trying to connect the front mount plate area of the cb 105 with the plate on the steady stick, and end up with something that puts the weight on my belt, and gets stabilized by the cb 105 on my back and chest.

I've seen some of the rigs with two handles (Dv rig HD, redrock), but I'm not sure how you would free up your left hand in order use the follow focus. I also can't afford $600 right now.

I use the multirig pro quite a bit with my H1, non adaptor. I hold one of the handles with my left hand to help balance it, and keep my right hand on the camera. I'm very happy with the multirig pro used this way.
I'd like to find a solution that I could use with either camera.
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Bruce S. yarock
Yarock Video and Photo
Bruce S. Yarock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2009, 11:36 AM   #2
Major Player

We use a Birns and Sawyer shoulder support (image 2000?) and an ENGrig.
Doug Bennett is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders