Using the XL H1s at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old April 15th, 2009, 01:36 PM   #1
Tourist

Using the XL H1s

Hello

I'm a Canadian Military Photo/Video Journalist. Up until a few weeks ago I had been using the XL 2, until I was issued a XL 1Hs.

I'm looking for any hints or tips on using this version and any problems that others have run into that I may encounter and the solutions for them.

I've read a few of the threads on this site already and found them quite intresting and very informative.

Currently I'm shooting in 4:3 until we switch over to HiDef. I use a Sennheiser W100 wireless mounted on the hotshoe as well as a hard wired mic.

I've noticed the sound settings look more simplified but looks can be decieving. The onboard mic seems to be a lot more senstive than the XL2.

The onboard camera seems pretty useless (specially when compared to the Nikon D200 I carry) and I'm switching some of the controls that can either be set for camera or video to strictly video. Only had to reread the manual about 5 times to figure that one out.

Have not had any prior expereince with presets and will have to play with them to see what they can produce.

Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bill Gomm
Bill Gomm is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders