need advice: battery chargers at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old February 19th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #1
Major Player

need advice: battery chargers

My orig. equip. Canon charger for the XL H1 battery is MIA. Prices for generics range from about $4.00 to $40.00, then jump to over $100 for the actual Canon.

Is there a sweet spot for these things? Is there a brand or online store you'd recommend?

I don't want to pay more than i need to, but I don't want to ruin the battery either.

Thanks.
Philip Fass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2010, 10:29 AM   #2
Trustee

You are unlikely to damage a battery with any of them. I have a bunch of chargers, both generic and Canon originals and all work equally well and never have given problems. The original Canon chargers are more expensive, but the build-quality does tend to be slightly better than the cheaper generic versions.
Old February 24th, 2010, 01:14 PM   #3
New Boot

For years I use only genuine Canon chargers. They all are still alive and work fine. Besides those, I bought few of $20-$40 chargers over ebay. None of them worked well. Maybe all of them were defect, I don't know. I won't be buying nothing than original anymore.

Batteries are, however, different story. Every Canon battery BP-9XX I user worked fine for appx. two years. I had lots of them, so "wear and tear" disposition was OK. But I won't buy genuine batteries anymore. Never. $40 8000mAh from ebay are worth every cent. For first six months of weekend usage they lasted nearly 4hrs of recording on XL2. Everything handheld ENG-style, so OIS was always ON. Today they still achieve amazing 2hrs, and I look to buy some more for next season.
Tomislav Koren is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders