XL H1A to FS-CF PRO to CS4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old July 23rd, 2010, 08:03 AM   #1
New Boot

XL H1A to FS-CF PRO to CS4

Just got my FS-CF PRO. Will be shooting with the XL H1A in HDV format. To be edited on Mac with Adobe CS4 PP. What is the best file format to capture in on the FS-SC PRO? Looks like .m2t or quicktime.
Dave Heltzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:42 PM   #2
New Boot

Okay, did a run through and the FS-CF PRO is set to .m2t by default. I'm guessing it has to do with the Canon specific model. I captured some footage, put in the CF card on the Mac, imported the .m2t's, and presto they worked. Now I just have to figure out why the FS-CF PRO doesn't show the thumbnails on the LCD screen. Also, I need to run the update from Focus. If anything comes up, I'll let y'all know.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 01:54 PM   #3
New Boot

whoops posted twice....delete
Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:08 PM   #4
Major Player

I am saving to QuickTime, but I am using Final Cut Express to edit. Which CF cards are you using? I have 32 GB Sandisk Extreme 400x. Will be using it extensively next week doing run and gun interviews at an airshow. Using FS-CF Pro with the Canon HV-20.
Would like to know what CF Pro settings to use for what works best.
Ed Roo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2010, 02:10 PM   #5
Major Player

Thumbnails take time to generate. I don't think the manual explains the playback/thumbnail process very well. Watch the small grey speedbar beneath the reel number. When it is finished, press the center button and the thumbnaisl should appear on the screen. Scroll to select, then press play.
Ed Roo is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders