image stays behind at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old January 27th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #1
New Boot

image stays behind

Hi,
Recently i have a problem with my XLH1a.
When i move the camera, a lighter verion of the image stays behind. It's probaply a setting but i cannot find it. I have it with my both lenses. But when i set the camera to full automatic the problem seems to be gone.
I have an example in following clip:
Hope someone can help?
Pieter Samijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: image stays behind

Hi Pieter,

What settings are you using -- frame rate and shutter speed?

It looks like motion blur as when you shoot at 24f with the shutter setting being set too low for fast pans -- maybe 1/48 or so. Depending on the lighting, auto might be changing the shutter setting to make sure enough light is getting in. (It looks like you are shooting indoors.)

Try shooting with a faster shutter speed and see what happens.
Phil Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #3
New Boot

Well, i was also thinking in that direction but the weird part is that the problem occures in all the AE-modes except the "Easy Recording" mode. So it also occures in the Auto-mode and in that mode I cannot adjust the Shutter. And sometimes I need that mode for an auto focus (due the small viewfinder). I'm starting to think that there is a problem with the Auto-mode because this is the same as the Easy mode except that you normally can manually adjust other settings, and this i cannot do.

I was testing with whitebalans in snow last week when i saw the problem:
Pieter Samijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 02:28 AM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieter Samijn View Post
Well, i was also thinking in that direction but the weird part is that the problem occures in all the AE-modes except the "Easy Recording" mode.
Make sure that NR1 is set to 0 in your custom preset.
Eric Olson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders