head cleaners at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old December 23rd, 2005, 07:55 PM   #1
Major Player

head cleaners

So my H1 arrived this afternoon and boy am I excited, so far though i haven't run a tape through it yet because i wanted to know whether I should run a head cleaner through it first?

i've heard that you should always do a head cleaning on a brand new camera and i've heard that you never should, I was also wondering whether the heads were similar enough to use a standard DV head cleaner or if i have to get some HDV specific head cleaner. plus i have an old head cleaner tape that's almost finished it's first pass from running through my XL2, should I start with a brand new cleaner or not worry about it and finish this one off? will making a second pass on the head cleaner that's only done dv have any adverse effects?

normally i'd just pop a tape in and go but i've got 3 years of payments to make on this bad boy so i want the break in period to be flawless.

thanks

-Jon
Jon Bickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2005, 08:27 PM   #2
Major Player

Hmm...the manual for the XL2 said to run a headcleaner once before using it. I would guess it's the same for this one, but I thought the XL2 included one. I could be wrong on that.

I would definitely get a new head cleaner. Not much to spend considering the cost of the H1. $9000 is worth a little "better safe than sorry" thinking...

Kevin
Kevin Wild is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders