Your comments on the Monochrome EVF FU-1000 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old January 28th, 2006, 06:15 PM   #1
Major Player

Your comments on the Monochrome EVF FU-1000

I'd like to here your experience or comments on the FU-1000 B/W Hi-res EVF. My brother (working as a cameraman) told me he didn't like the XL-series because the lack of a B/W Hi-res EVF "You cant see contrast or possible fringing in coulor "low-res" EVF) - I told him there is a good one - so tell me - did I speak the truth? Has anyone tried out the FU-1000 with our brand new XL-H1s? Is there any third party EVF to use? Is the B/W EVF worth the apr. 1600 bucks? What do you think?
Jonas Nyström, DoP :: HOT SHOT® SWEDEN :: www.hotshot.nu :: RED #1567, RED 18-50mm T3 :: XL A1, Letus Extreme :: XL H1, 20X & 6X lens (for sale) :: www.vimeo.com/nystrom
Jonas Nystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 07:24 PM   #2
Wrangler

Love to hear if it is compatible with the H1 or not--but I can tell you as an owner of this viewfinder that it is a "best in class" for this type of camera in the SD range, comparable to those found in broadcast cameras and for anyone used to working with that type of gear, invaluable.
Old January 29th, 2006, 02:50 AM   #3
Major Player

It is Compatible...

...if the manual speaks the truth. I can see in the specs that Fu-1000 gives you 500 lines (comp to ex JVC VF-P115BE 600 lines), the question is if this is sufficient for HDV resolution!

Charles - had you seen the colour VF on the H1? And if, what is your comment?
Jonas Nyström, DoP :: HOT SHOT® SWEDEN :: www.hotshot.nu :: RED #1567, RED 18-50mm T3 :: XL A1, Letus Extreme :: XL H1, 20X & 6X lens (for sale) :: www.vimeo.com/nystrom
Jonas Nystrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2006, 07:38 AM   #4
Inner Circle

My creative partner in Houston got his hands on the H-1 at a demo, and put the FU-1000 on it, as well as his 16x and 14x lenses. He said the finder worked including 'widescreen', and the lenses looked really good.
(I shoot with the FU-1000 on my Xl-2 and LOVE it.)
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders