How to XL H1 tape head usage. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old February 4th, 2006, 04:41 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How to XL H1 tape head usage.

Hi,

Where do I look to find how many tapes have been used or

hrs the tape head has been used.

Best regards

Mike.
Mike Leisegang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2006, 05:40 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Sorry, but there is no way to check head & drum hours, or number of eject cycles on any Canon camcorder, nor will Canon service provide this information to the camera owner.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2006, 12:22 AM   #3
Trustee

This raises a good point, and since there are some people from canon that read this site, I'd like to make a suggestion for the upcomming xl-h1s or whatever (even firmware)

Dear Canon,

We are big boys and girls now, many of us have followed your cameras since the release of the XL1 eight years ago. We now have invested 9,000 dollars in your cameras, please trust with access to at least some of the more base engineering functions. Tape thread/count are readily available on any Professional Studio camera, as is a black balance function. the XL-H1 is such a great camera, there's only a few little things that keep it from blowing the lid off the rest of the competition, and most of these things can be resolved without another major release. Please update the firmware to give us access, or at the verly least on the next release fo the camera make these options available to us.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders