How to capture in PC at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old March 15th, 2006, 04:41 AM   #1
Major Player

How to capture in PC

As I am MAC user, I am not sure how to capture for editing in premier and after effects on PC. Can you help me here? I captured in FCP in HDV codec (as I did always) and it turned out that HDV is not supported by premier. So what should I do?

I need help with this as soon as possible :*) thanks.

www.sarke.ge
----------------
Old March 15th, 2006, 10:49 AM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levan Bakhia
... and it turned out that HDV is not supported by premier. So what should I do?
I'm not sure I understand the comment about Premiere, but I'll try and help. I use DVRack on a Windows XP laptop to capture m2t files from the XL H1 using firewire. Then I copy the files to my Windows XP desktop, convert the m2t files to CFHD codec avi files using CineForm Aspect HD, and then edit in PPro 2. Of course, this could all be done on one PC. I use two PCs because my desktop is a dual-processor dual-core machine with high-end graphics card and RAID.

Note also that Aspect HD includes HDLink, which can be used instead of DVRack to capture the video, but I have not used this myself. If you are planning to edit XL H1 HD using PPro 2, you will most likely want to use Aspect HD for the improved performance during editing and the improved quality of the output. PPro 2 can edit HDV, but the performance is poor and the video does not hold up as well as CFHD after multiple edits.

Best,
Christopher
Christopher Glaeser is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders