3x Wide angle with the H1 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old April 16th, 2006, 07:53 PM   #16
Major Player

16x9 adapter

I love having the wide angle !
But this adapter has issues with both loosing focus around the edges AND color abberation (red & blue borders around contrasting edges)
That being said, if you control the presets and are careful, it is quite wonderful to use. I actually like the extra curve of the 16x9 lens.

I am uploading some clips now:
http://dashboard.filefront.com/bentoon/

-The clips that say "16x9_" are the ones with the adapter
- The clips that say "Letus35XL_" are tests with Quyen Le's new 35mm/relay lens adapter
- The Clips that say "wv70mm_" are new tests with Winston Vargas' 70mm adapter he is in the process of perfecting...

I'll be posting more as the days roll by,
cheers,
J
John Benton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 08:34 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Bickford
if you keep the 3x lens right in the sweet spot for exposure, around 2.4-2.8 it is surprisingly sharp, wide open or stopped down the 3x looks terrible in hd
Remember that any lens is going to look bad stopped down further than f/5.6 on an H1 as 5.6 is at the diffraction limit.

It's very encouraging hearing that the lens can be fixed. I guess I'll try to get that done.
A. J. deLange is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders