25F in real world at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old May 8th, 2006, 04:44 AM   #1
Regular Crew

25F in real world

Here is a clip with lots of movment from a low bud. music video I shot a couple of days ago. 25F/25shutter. 39-sec raw footage test, compressed to H264/800Kbps (3,8MB) NB. No editing and only click-track sound for artist.

http://www.indrehus.net/download/fil...%20800Kbps.mov

For your eyes and ears only. Copyright, so donīt spread it.
Kristian Indrehus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 07:17 AM   #2
Major Player

Man you must have got dizzy! Nice sounding track as well. I would listen to it. Just some thing, the exposure settings were what looked like to me on autoexposure, if it was, bad choice in my opinion. Do a manual exposure and lock onto it and stick with it. Also, it came out surprising good even in a 25 shutter speed. Although, you shouldn't use that, you had enough light, and always shoot with shutter 50 to give you more of a smooth look. 25 shutter is too low even in available light. Granted if there was very little light, then i can understand, but in this situation you should have gone with 50 shutter speed.
Yasser Kassana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2006, 08:15 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Very nice. Is the camera operator on ice skates, being pushed? Great movement. Manual exposure would be less distracting when the camera sees too much sky and responds.

Thanks, Barry
Old May 8th, 2006, 08:25 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Itīs autoexpore, but weīre only going to use fragments of this so it will not be a problem. Besides that I totally agree with you. When it comes to the shutter, to me 50 seems more stroby. 25 turns it into blur. I know that 50 is the "correct" speed but I would really like some opinions on this. And why is 25 the default shutter anyway?

Yes, I got somewhat dizzy.
Old May 8th, 2006, 08:35 AM   #5
Regular Crew

[QUOTE=Barry Gregg]Very nice. Is the camera operator on ice skates, being pushed? Great movement.
----------------------
Actually I´m in a wheelchair, being pushed. We did lots of other movements with the chair. It's a great way to achieve smooth moovement without building tracks. Takes no time and cost nothing. This was my first try, won´t be the last.
Old May 9th, 2006, 09:35 AM   #6
Major Player

1/50th is the speed most cinematographers use as default, it's low enough for light and most situations and high enough not to cause motion blur. I know this is going to sound very pretentious, but with a camera like an h1, treat it like a proper cinema camera. Forget you're shooting video. Once you do that, badabing, you're going to be a master with the cam.
Yasser Kassana is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders