XL Owner's Club at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old August 8th, 2006, 07:28 AM   #1
Major Player

XL Owner's Club

Filled out the XL Owner's Club Registration Form and faxed it to the specified number 2 months ago. Yet no membership # or confirmation has been sent back yet.

As membership provides service advantages and I am now in need of service, I was wondering if this length of response is normal. I've faxed a followup inquiry a week ago and still have no response.
John Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2006, 07:33 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Call Canon directly and find out. 1-800-OK-CANON. Drill through the menus to get to a live human being.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2006, 07:52 AM   #3
Major Player

Thanks much Chris.
The service issue is after the Firestore attempted install, no other devices see my H1 via firewire port.
I've tried our regular edit bay computer that previously captured footage from the H1 (have tried numerous connection procedures/reboots and cables), a laptop with the same Edius 3.61 capture NLE, and a Samsung DLP monitor with firewire input that used to see the H1 and allow playback of footage over the firewire from the camera.

Have been all thru the menus of the H1 - Playback Standard is set to "HDV".

Just doesn't connect to anything via firewire port!
John Richard is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders