Purchasing an XL H1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Closed Thread

Old August 16th, 2006, 09:53 PM   #1
Tourist

Purchasing an XL H1

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum. I've been reading a lot on here over the last few weeks, as well as watching as many clips as I can download. I'm very impressed at the skill and knowledge of the people here.

Anyway, I'm a regular on other forums, so I know people can be easily frustrated by "newbies." However, I've searched and cannot find any discussion of where people recommend buying an XL H1. If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it. If there isn't any threads about it, I would appreciate any recommendations. I know the reg price is $10,000 (bhphoto sells it for that), but froogle lists places selling it for as little as $6500. Obviously, I don't want to get ripped off, and I want to make sure I don't void the warranty. However, I can't pay full price 'cause I'm working on a limited budget, and need to get other things as well. What websites would you recommend I buy from?

thanks in advance. I look forward to contributing and learning more from you all when I get the camera.

-Alex
Old August 16th, 2006, 10:16 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Hi Alex,

The reason why you don't see that question here is pretty simple really. When I started this forum, I considered the "where to buy" question as the single most important thing anyone could ask. So it's answered ahead of time. I've partnered with the best dealers in this business; the most honest and reputable sources for purchasing camcorders and other gear. In turn, they support this site. They are our trusted DV Info Net Site Sponsors and they have full exclusivity here -- they are the only dealers we discuss on this forum. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders