DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/)
-   -   XL H1 Firmware Upgrade Details (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/canon-xl-h-series-hdv-camcorders/73850-xl-h1-firmware-upgrade-details.html)

Vence Vida October 19th, 2007 09:07 AM

One last question:
I have gotten my hands on an SD firmware update card from another H1 owner, but he no longer has the instructions on how to install the update. Can anyone tell me how to use the card?

Thanks,

Vence

Mike Teutsch October 21st, 2007 10:29 AM

Help!

Hey guys and gals, how about helping Vence out here? Got the instructions for installing the update?

Mike

Dan Keaton October 21st, 2007 11:33 AM

Dear Vence,

I did not have these instructions with me when you originally posted your request, so sorry for the delay.

To update the XL H1's Firmware:

1. Connect the power adapter to the XL H1.

2. Turn the power dial to VCR/Play.

3. Set the Tape/Card switch to Card.

4. Insert the SD Card that has the firmware update.
It should say XLH1, Version 1.0.3.#.

5. Press the Menu Button, select System, Select Firmware.

6. An update message will be displayed, select OK.

7. The following message will be displayed:

Updating Firmware
Do not turn the power off.

8. During the update, the CARD access indicator will blink, the update should take about four minutes.

9. When the update process is complete, the unit will power off and power on automatically, and the new firmware version, 1.0.3.#, will be displayed for a few seconds.

10. Remove the SD Card.

11. Power off the camera and remove the power adapter.

12. Re-attach the power adapter and power on the unit in CARD Play mode.

13. Press the MENU button, select SYSTEM, the Firmware 1.0.3.# should be displayed.

Firmware 1.0.3.0 = Firmware updated to correct time code problem.

Firmware 1.0.3.1. Both 60i/50i switches are turned on and the time code error is fixed.

Mike Teutsch October 21st, 2007 01:06 PM

Thanks so much Dan. Don't know what I did with mine. :(

Got em now though! :)

Mike

Vence Vida October 21st, 2007 07:49 PM

Dan - Thank you very much for the instructions.

And thank you also for the assistance, Mike. Very much appreciated.

I'm on the road right now, checking this from a hotel, but I will run the update when I'm back later this week.

Dan Keaton October 26th, 2007 07:17 PM

Dear Vence,

I sent you a private email.

Jonas Nystrom December 15th, 2007 09:14 PM

Flip and flop

Does anyone know if there is any new "flip" possibilities in the later firmware updates (my camera is at service, so I can't check)?

Harry Bromley-Davenport December 17th, 2007 03:31 AM

No.

Harry.

Jonas Nystrom December 17th, 2007 03:45 AM

"no" - okay, still not any possible at all to flip image..?

Harry Bromley-Davenport December 17th, 2007 03:52 AM

Not possible.

H.

Jonas Nystrom December 17th, 2007 04:00 AM

Not good.

J.

Russell Kolter March 24th, 2008 03:29 PM

New firmware update?

Hey, I just got my H1 back from the shop, and on the repair notes it says "updated firmware to 1.0.6.0"

Anyone know any info on this yet? Still won't have my eyepiece and lens for another week, so haven't done any testing.

Marty Hudzik March 28th, 2008 01:26 PM

Does anyone have any info on firmware 1.0.6 that Russell mentioned? Maybe it adds support to write HDV files directly to the SD card! Ok.....seriously....what does it add/fix? Probably fixes obscure under the hood glitches....but it would be nice to know. Maybe it supports a new HD qulaity viewfinder! I can dream right?

Barry Gregg March 28th, 2008 05:08 PM

Maybe it adds a hard drive recorder and a 35mm sensor. Maybe not. It would be nice to know what it does do.

I got to play with the Red last weekend. It's gonna be great when they get all the bugs kilt.

Igor Russkih April 3rd, 2008 06:58 AM

Hello all.

Does someone still have this firmware update on a SD card? If so, could you send its content (the files or, better, card's full image) to irusskih@gmail.com?

Thanks in advance!