Great Case for XL series Cameras! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old January 2nd, 2007, 10:59 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Great Case for XL series Cameras!

Just thought some would like to see how I set up my new Pelican 1610 case for my XLH1.

It holds the camera and all of the accessories, plus my 16x manual lens and my 3x auto lens. hopefully to be replaced by a 6x wide angle someday. I also made room for the MA-300 audio adapter, my canon VL-10Li video light. my headphones, and all of my extra bateries, cables, tapes, filters, lens adaptors and cleaning supplies. All in one nice case.

Got the case from B&H for about $200 with shipping and all. You are no going to put this in the overhead storage on an airplane, but I don't do that anyway.

Took me about an entire day to figure out the set-up and pluck the foam. The have five layers of foam in these, so you can get pretty creative. A top and bottom layer and then three pluckable layers. Over all a very nice sturdy case.

FYI--------Mike

Last edited by Mike Teutsch; April 20th, 2007 at 01:19 PM.
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 01:59 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Mike,
Excellent case for the XLH1. I switched to the divider setup after too many acc. and I ran out of plucking! My setup is for run and gun and I can easily carry my 100-400 if needed. The travel wheels/handle are a necessity. My other case for the long lens that I highly recommend is the Kinesis. It's highly adaptable. It can carry a 600mm, acc, portable stool and has a backpack strap attachment.
Attached Images

Bill Taka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2007, 02:06 PM   #3
Inner Circle

OOH, I want that lens!!!!!!!!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders