XL H1 broadcast quality? - Page 9 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old June 8th, 2007, 09:41 PM   #121
Regular Crew

Places of Green aired on Global TV

Tree Canada releases First Canadian documentary on trees entitled Places of Green on June 9th @7 pm on Global TV right across the country. Shot on stunning HD, a Sony HDCAM for the most part and the wildlife in this program was shot with my Canon XLH1. As you'll see the XLH1 holds its own very well.

Enjoy,

Leon Lorenz
www.wildlifevideos.ca
Leon Lorenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2007, 12:31 PM   #122
Tourist

Recorded to what format?

Did you use the HDV recorder in camera (and if so... what settings... ie 24F, etc.) or did you use the SDI out and record to some other format... disk, etc.? Thanks in advance...
Frank Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2007, 04:46 PM   #123
Regular Crew

Frank, I capture to tape and only on 60i. I find the playback smooth and natural, unlike the other frame rates. I usually use 1/120 second shutter or higher for fast action.

Got some terrific footage the other day of a grizzly circling me at about 100 feet. Exciting stuff.

Best regards,

Leon Lorenz
www.wildlifevideos.ca
Leon Lorenz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders