Anton Bauer GoldMount + XLH1 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old January 25th, 2007, 12:57 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Anton Bauer GoldMount + XLH1

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Goldmount and Anton Bauer Batteries on the XLH1? Does the extra weight make much of a difference with the camera's balance on the shoulder? I've read that the Camera with the stock lens is front heavy.
Brian Ladue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2007, 02:08 AM   #2
Wrangler

Since the XLH1 is virtually identical to the XL2 in weight and body design, I will say a definite yes. The AB on the back of the camera helps a lot. If you use the FU-1000 as I was, it adds even more weight to the front of the camera so the AB system really helped out.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2007, 10:28 AM   #3
Regular Crew

If you are going to hand hold the camera the AB on the back is almost mandatory. It makes a huge difference. The camera balances very nicely with the AB on the back. I don't even use the AB battery as a power source, the graphite batteries lasts so long that the AB is just a good balancing act.
Old January 25th, 2007, 04:44 PM   #4
Major Player

I use the Gold Mount, mounted lower than stock (there's a picture of my H1 somewhere in this forum) and it balances very well.. I do have to say that with my home-built shoulder configuration the camera is comfortable with the stock batteries too...

The Gold Mount is nice though, because you can use it to simultaneously power accessories like a monitor, FireStore or LitePanel...

I'm currently shooting some reenactments for a documentary with the RedRock M2, and it's sure nice to be able to power the monitor without needing another power source...
Steve Rosen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders