MicroFollowFocus and Vocas Matteboxes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders
Canon XL H1S (with SDI), Canon XL H1A (without SDI). Also XL H1.

Old June 7th, 2007, 08:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

MicroFollowFocus and Vocas Matteboxes

Hi everyone,

Not very sure of where to post this thus thought of trying my luck in this forum.

Im currently using a XL-H1 with the Canon EF 180 macro (via a EF adaptor) for macro work. Difficulty in follow focusing has made me decide to get a followfocus unit. The problem is I am using Vocas mattebox with 15mm rods. This is the widescreen MB-250 model and I would like to know whether I can use the Redrock Micro's microfollowfocus on this set of Vocas support rods?

Thank you very much for any advice in advance.

Cheers

Han
Yeo Wee Han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2008, 08:55 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Han

The only requirements are that the vocas rods are standard 15mm lightweight (60mm center to center) and have enough room for the microFF to attach - this shouldn't be a problem as the vocas mattebox needs to be at the end of the lens so it should have plenty of room

Brian
Brian Valente is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2008, 07:34 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi Brian! Im already a proud owner of a MicroFF for more than a year already. Haha. Thanks alot for the reply nonetheless.

For others info, the MFF really works well and as a nature macro shooter (my subjects have been ants and termites filling the frame of my H1), the focus is smooth and stays put when I let go. That is good.

Cheers

Han
Old September 14th, 2008, 12:00 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for the reply Han :)

Brian
Brian Valente is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL H Series HDV Camcorders