best widescreen - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old September 22nd, 2002, 07:37 AM   #16

actually www.tmpgenc.net for the free one, or www.pegasys-inc.com for the commercial one.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2002, 01:34 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Actually I was replying to Codeman3D's question of whether anybody would be interested in his solution to convert from 16:9 to 4:3.
Sorry about my lack of clarity.
Darin Aho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2002, 05:59 PM   #18
Regular Crew

FYI, I posted several tutorials on my site about working in the 4:3 and 16:9 aspects. They can be found at my site:

http://www.digitalvideo.cc

Look under the tutorials section. I just completed shooting and editing my first DV feature in widescreen and I was able to achieve excellent results. I had to combine some existing 4:3 with 16:9 footage and it is seamless.

Let me know if these help.
J. Cody Lucido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2002, 09:21 PM   #19
Trustee

So am I right in thinking that the GL1 has an anamorphic adapter that fits it, but the Xl1(s) doesnt?
Aaron Koolen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2002, 08:29 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Thanx,
Very helpful. In the next month we're shooting a project in widescreen in which we'll be using an XL1 & 16mm film for some shots. Sites such as yours sure come in handy. Gotta' love the sharing of knowledge.
Old September 27th, 2002, 08:57 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Codeman, I'm still reading through Diary of a DP. I appreciate your detail concerning camera settings & F stops, ambient noise, wheelchair, etc... all stuff we've been thinking about. It's like having a practice run at it before we start.
Thanks
Old September 28th, 2002, 02:36 PM   #22
Regular Crew

Thanks darinaho.

I'm glad it is helpful. I found it to be quite cathartic. Every night after filming I would write up the days events.

When I went back to look at some of the older stuff, I was amazed at how much I had forgotten.

If there are any question you have, please feel free to ask.
J. Cody Lucido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2002, 08:56 PM   #23
Regular Crew

No questions right now, you pretty much covered a lot of 'em on the site. Prob be hearing from me some time in the future as I have your site in my favs though. I miss the west coast. Used to live in Portland, wish I was in Seattle as my g/f's back there now. It's a great place to live, Bachelor, Mt. Hood & the Columbia more than make up for the rain.
Darin Aho is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog