XL1(s) & GL1 footage at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old October 16th, 2001, 09:17 AM   #1
RED Code Chef

XL1(s) & GL1 footage

Hi,

I'm looking for footage of the XL1, XL1s & Gl1.... Still pictures in a raw or lossless compression (bitmap / .BMP for example)... Jpeg introduces new compression which I don't like to see ..... What would be great if someone could supply, or knows of a place, to get an actual DV stream in AVI or some other format. I'm on a broadband connection so size is not a problem. Would really like to see some actual footage first hand. I'm planning on buying one of these camera's early next year and am looking around for information etc! Chris, thx for your site :)

Kind regards,

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2001, 09:27 AM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

Feh... I've never heard of anybody streaming DV, or even making DV available for download... besides, how it appears on your computer monitor is not how it would appear on your living room television as they are completely different animals which display things quite differently.

Where are you located (fill out your user profile, please)? The best way to see DV is to, well, see it... at a local retailer, at a tradeshow, or wherever.

Canon USA might still have some copies of their nationwide commercial spot for the ZR10 which aired last year; it was made entirely with an XL1. Copies of it are available on VHS and DVD directly from Canon, including a "behind the scenes -- making of" docu. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2001, 09:35 AM   #3
RED Code Chef

Thank you for your fast response... (i'll update my profile)... I'm from The Netherlands (europe) and it's very hard to find any canon dealers here... that have the equipment standing there for you to test and look at :( .... why i'm looking for DV streams is not to see how they look (ofcourse the monitor is different).. but more to look at the differences.... and to get a general idea... ofcourse I want to see some actual footage first....

Thank you for your response!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2001, 09:41 AM   #4
Obstreperous Rex

Hello Rob,

If you can get down to Zandvoort (I hope I spelled that correctly -- it is outside of Amsterdam I think), please look up Jan van der Meer. He has a club dedicated to DV and would be happy to show you anything you want to see. He is one of the top DV resources in Europe.

Go to my website at http://www.dvinfo.net and click on "Resources" and find the link to "Global DVC" -- that is Jan. Full contact info on his website at http://www.global-dvc.org

Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog