My baby is back! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old June 3rd, 2002, 11:39 AM   #1
Regular Crew

My baby is back!

I posted an issue I was having with my new XL1s several weeks ago in which I kept getting the "Heads Dirty" display in my evf. Well after talking with Canon they had me send the unit in for them to look at...
So much for a 5 day turnaround for club members, they received it on the 21st of May and I just got it back 15 minutes ago! I didnt have anything scheduled to shoot so it didnt really matter, I am just glad to have her back! In the notes they said they replaced the digital chassis, I assume that is all the guts of the XL1s??? well im off to try it out!

anyway, there is really no pressing issue here, just an FYI if anyone else is getting these messages in their evf after repeated cleanings.

Chris
Chris Ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2002, 10:44 PM   #2
Regular Crew

How long did it take for your club membership to be processed? I filed my application via Email nearly 3 weeks ago and haven't received a response yet.
Old June 3rd, 2002, 11:10 PM   #3
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

The membership on my XL1 took nearly 2 months. More recently, surprisingly, the membership acknowledgement on my XL1s took only 2-3 weeks. Canon's "club" membership is not very speedy. Be patient.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2002, 06:40 AM   #4
Regular Crew

My application took about 2 months as well... I totally forgot about it until the paperwork arrived a few weeks ago. Which was perfect timing since the issue I was having started right after I received my membership number. It will come, it just may take a few more weeks.

Chris
Chris Ferrer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog