Advice on Azden UHF at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old June 4th, 2002, 10:45 PM   #1
Mr.Cisco

Advice on Azden UHF

Hello all,

I've done a search and see a few postings on Azden VHF systems. However, I'm thinking about purchasing the 400LTA Camera Mountable UHF Diversity Lavalier System with 41BT Transmitter, 400UDR Receiver and EX503H Microphone.

Does anyone here have any experience with this camera mountable system or a different Azden UHF system?

I'd appreciate any input.
Old June 5th, 2002, 09:48 AM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

That setup has worked very well for my systems. Ours is connected to an XL-1 and provides great sound.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2002, 02:16 PM   #3
Capt. Quirk

I have the wireless WLT and Lavs. They work fine under most conditions, and also in less desireable conditions. It's a gem for the price.
Keith
K. Forman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2002, 10:55 AM   #4
Mr.Cisco

<<<-- Originally posted by EdwardTr : That setup has worked very well for my systems. Ours is connected to an XL-1 and provides great sound. -->>>

That's good to hear, I appreciate your input.
Old June 11th, 2002, 04:43 PM   #5
kasteede

Until last weekend, I had been using 2x Azden 400 UDRs with very good results. Be warned that this unit is quite heavy compared to others available.

I am about to switch to the Samson UM32, although the quality of the Azden IMHO is better, I will have less back problems due to the small size and weight of the Samson's (especially since I use 2x simultaneously)

Keith
Old June 11th, 2002, 04:45 PM   #6
kasteede

get the sony lav

I forgot to mention - you should get one of the Sony Lavs that come with a kit with this setup.

I use the ecm44, it has less pickup than the Azden lav that comes with this kit and therefore picks up less unwanted noise and focuses on whoever is wearing the Lav.

Keith

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog