DV out not working? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old April 9th, 2004, 09:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DV out not working?

Anyone had any problems with the dv out socket packing up, I thought it was the firewire cable to my mac but I am unable to conect my xl1 to the computer even with a new cable. I'm hoping this isn't going to get expensive.
thanks
Allan
Allan Michaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2004, 11:27 PM   #2
New Boot

I suggest u send it for a check-up. I had it once before. Absolutely no signal or watsoever on the dv out. According to
the repairman, it was 'shorted'. A rare case but what happen is
the camera was POWER ON and unplug/plug of the firewire cable to computer/equipment which is also POWER ON shorted the dv out circuit. If this the case, bad news is the dv out is part of the circuit board of the Xl1s therefore to repair it is by replacing the the board. Best to POWER OFF the Xl1s before unpluging or disassemble it. Better safe than sorry....
Dean Kasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2004, 10:46 AM   #3
Wrangler

Did it ever work? If so, I did have a connector break on my XL a littl over a year ago. The cost was $275 USD.

[Live from San Antonio]

For quick answers try our Search!
To see me and Rob Lohman click here
Nathan Gifford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2004, 04:40 AM   #4
Major Player

I have only had my camera for a week and it happened to me today. How did you get on with yours. Did they find out what caused the problem?
Old June 1st, 2004, 03:22 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi Allen,

Any news about fixing you camera, because somethng simmiller happened to me, and if yes what was the cost !!!

Regards,
Amr Toukhy
Amr Toukhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2004, 10:34 AM   #6
Major Player

I had the problem with the firewire port not working on my new camera. I sent it off to canon who sent me a loan camera for the time involved in fixing it. The firewire port was cooked and from now on I will always turn the camera off when unplugging and plugging in to avoid it happening again. it was fixed under warranty but it took 6 weeks to get a new motherboard from Japan. The Canon service was good. I live in Perth Western Australia.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog