Sound on mini disc need your thoughts - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old July 24th, 2002, 07:31 AM   #31
Regular Crew

well I finally talked to the US importer of the Sonifex Courier (www.independentaudio.com) and they didnt even sound all that convinced it would be a viable solution for video... The guy I talked to though did admit he wasnt the one who knew it best and he did take my number and is going to have someone contact me.

At this point, I think I am going to steer away from the select few portable HD recorders out there and just get something that will work for what I need it to do. There is just no real user reports on these units except for journalists using them for voice work.

In all reality, I just purchased the Shure FP-24 (a beautifully small and portable field mixer/mic preamp with a bunch of neat features on it) so I could just run the tape-output into a small MD walkman or or portable DAT and work that way. Portabrace makes a nice case especially for it that will hold an NP1 battery and a small DAT player. This idea has been nagging at me as well...

well if I hear anything new on the portable HD recorders I will let you all know.

Chris
Chris Ferrer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2002, 09:42 AM   #32
Regular Crew

Thanks Chris,

Still haven't found my info sheet on the unit I was looking at.
The problem with my Sony Port. DAT, is the batteries are dead -- won't charge and Sony doesn't make or have them -- any thoughts on where I can get "BP-D3" battery? al.
Old July 24th, 2002, 10:53 AM   #33
Regular Crew

I assume there is no power outlet to plug in an external DC power source?!? I did read on one of the DATHEADS posts that someone soldered two leads onto the battery terminals and powered it that way (he was having the same problem as you are) that battery definitely seems like a rare one!

I also know that whatever recorder I choose, I will be powering it externally with a bigger battery!

Chris
Chris Ferrer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog