Kata CCC 3333 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old July 20th, 2002, 08:43 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Kata CCC 3333

Hi there People!

Its my first posting on this forum but I've been following it for some time now. the information provided by this forum has definitely been a deciding factor in my recent purchase of my very own XL1S (PAL). So far so good!

I need some help here in my search now for a bag that will hold my new treasured possession... I'm considering the Kata CCC 3333, what I want to ask you guys is... I've got the XL1S with the MA100 attached, does anyone know if this combo fits into the above mentioned bag? Also, is there anything I should know about the bag (good, bad points etc). Thanks!!!

Adrian Seah
Adrian Seah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2002, 09:42 AM   #2
Major Player

Hi and welcome Adrian,

there was a comprehensive thread here on the subject that got trashed with the server crash. They have tried to restart it and it has some of the original info and links. Suggest you find that post. Think it's called "XL-1 carry cases."

Good luck
Andrew

TOTAL AMATEUR - DOING IT FOR THE FUN
Andrew Leigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2002, 09:55 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi there Andrew,

Thanks for the tip, I've been searching and reading through dozens of posts but fail to find any mention of the Kata CCC 3333 and whether an XL1S and attached MA100 combo will fit in it.

So I guess the question is still open. If anyone has any experience with the above mentioned equipment, please help out as I will need the bag pretty soon for a trip to Japan.

Thanks once again!

Adrian
Old July 22nd, 2002, 12:34 AM   #4
Slash Rules!

Hah, finally it's my turn! Yes, I have that bag, and yes, sometimes I get lazy during a gig when it's rush rush rush and I don't want to detach everything. I've put the camera with manual zoom lens and MA100 in the bag, and to me, it fits just fine. I don't think the bag's too happy about it, though.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2002, 12:49 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks Josh,

I've been following your posts with interest for the past couple of months, in a way, I've been 'learning along' with you... so thanks for asking the questions you asked!

I've just gotten my XL1S very recently and I'm very happy with the image quality, still trying to get to grips with the sometimes erratic focussing (NO money for manual lens at this point in time). So I think I'll go ahead and get the Kata bag (its the cheapest of the 'good' bags)

Thanks once again and continue posting!

Adrian
Old July 22nd, 2002, 01:31 AM   #6
Slash Rules!

No problem. There are pouches you can buy ($30 for a pair)that can be attached to those thingies on the sides of the bag, for more carrying capacity. Also, I know you're supposedly supposed to let the viewfinder stick into that side pocket through the opening in the main compartment, but I have it facing the other way, and pack my side pocket chock full of goodies. No problems so far.
Josh Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2002, 03:17 AM   #7
ChorizoSmells

adrian,
what part of Japan are you going to visit, work or play? Congrats on getting your xl-1s. Give a holler if you are in the neighborhood, me and Rob down in osaka, John and Adrian Douglas up in Tokyo, adrian also has pal camera, kind of a hassle here in Japan since everything here is NTSC. Bring along a PAL monitor if you have one since you won't be able to view your video on the TV's here.
Old July 22nd, 2002, 03:44 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Thanks for the warm reception guys. I was really looking for a travelling case that wasn't too big or expensive but at the same time will protect my camera adequately, guess I might have found that in the Kata.
I'll be around the Osaka/ Kyoto area, to visit my girlfriend actually, she's somewhere in Kyoto. I guess this trip will really put my Japanese (or rather, lack of it) to the test. I've been there once before and it can be a bit intimidating not to be able to speak the language... I assume you guys who have been living there for some time can speak the language fluently?

Adrian
Old July 22nd, 2002, 06:07 AM   #9
Obstreperous Rex

Hello Adrian,

I see you've discovered our delegates in Japan. I didn't realize how many operatives we had in that region. By the way, welcome aboard.

Did you perhaps overlook my comprehensive review of the KATA CCC-3333 on the Watchdog? In it, I conclude that there's not really quite enough room for an attached MA100, but it is a soft case which is pliable, and as Josh points out, you can make it stretch all though I can't recommend it.

Go to my website at www.dvinfo.net/xl1.htm -- the link to the CCC-3333 review is right there at the top of the page. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2002, 09:30 PM   #10
ChorizoSmells

adrian,
cool, you'll be in my backyard, here are some websites about stuff going on in Japan, from the foreigner's point of view, plus club info and other stuff. www.kansaiscene.com www.japan-zine.com enjoy your stay here.
Old July 22nd, 2002, 09:48 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Thanks everyone for all the help, I've just ordered my Kata CCC 3333... will definitely check out the website.

Once again thanks!!!
Old July 23rd, 2002, 12:52 PM   #12
Regular Crew

Where?!

Where did you order it at? here in SLC, Utah i checked picturline, and they dont carry kata, and i cant find a website to order them off of, sure i havent looked to hard, but i was just curious where i could go to order the bag. Any help would be great!
http://www.secondsection.com
Riley Florence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2002, 01:00 PM   #13
ChorizoSmells

riley,
I looked up B and H photo, found out they sell them there:

http://www01.bhphotovideo.com/default.sph/FrameWork.class?FNC=ProductActivator__Aproductlist_html___233133___KACCC3333___REG___CatID=0___SID=E F6E76D7760
Old July 23rd, 2002, 01:06 PM   #14
Regular Crew

thank you

thank you!
http://www.secondsection.com
Riley Florence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2002, 12:28 PM   #15
Obstreperous Rex

Buy it from a Community Sponsor. You'll be helping to support these message boards which are helping you. KATA is sold by Zotz Digital, ZGC and Pro-Tape. See www.dvinfo.net > Sponsors.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog