New XL1 user in Arizona needs help! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old March 16th, 2005, 04:04 PM   #1
New Boot

New XL1 user in Arizona needs help!

My friend just bought a XL1 body off of ebay. He knew he was just getting the body.

To him "just the body" meant, no lens. In reality it means he is getting no lens AND no viewfinder. He has 30 days to test the body to verify it is fully working before the return expiration runs out.

He does not want to buy a lens and viewfinder to find out he has a broken unit and the guy won't take it back, even though the auction allows for a 100% refund if the unit is defective.

The auction said it was fully working, but we are wondering how the guy knows its fully working if he didn't even have a viewfinder.

My friend knows he made a mistake and is not looking for people to say so. He is hoping that there is a XL1 user in Arizona that is willing to take his XL1 body and connect up a lens and viewfinder so he can verify that body is working 100%.

Anyone know of a generous soul who would be willing to do this?

or a place that we could pay a minimal fee to test it for us?

This guy is not rich and busted his butt for 3 months to save his pennys to get this.

Thank's for your time.
James Conaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2005, 03:58 AM   #2
New Boot

an xl1 user in AZ...

where are you guys? I may be able to help you out.
Old March 17th, 2005, 01:09 PM   #3
New Boot

Thank you!

Glendale. Northern & 35th Ave.

But we would be willing to drive far as well.
James Conaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2005, 08:20 PM   #4
New Boot

xl1s test

We have a office in Tempe, If you could bring the Camera down here, we could check it out. If you dont mind, we would like to run a test on the camera. Just a Comparison with our GL2, I'm researching a problem I have with our XL1s. Good thing is you'll know exactly what your cam is outputting, it will run through a scope. If this is good for you, email me your Phone# and we can set up a time. THX

Jason

jonboatjones@hotmail.com

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog