What's in the standard XL1S package - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old October 10th, 2002, 07:21 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Thanks Chris,
I am extremely skiddish of e-bay, especially when it comes to dropping a couple or three grand. ZGC keeps looking better by the minute...especially for my piece of mind. Anyone reading this remember 1. don't be cheap 2. Reputable sellers are EVERYTHING. 3. Good, solid equipment will eventually pay for itself 4. Go to the Watchdog for honest straightforward information!!!!!
Kelly Hoggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2002, 07:06 PM   #17
Machinist Mate

<<<-- Originally posted by Chris Hurd : Hi Kelly,

Be very careful with Ebay... especially with regard to buying cameras there, you'll find a lot of rip-off artists who like to prey on innocent folks. .... -->>>

To say nothing of the fact that you have to pick from whatever people are selling at the time, which is very likely not to include your particular special set of specifications, since you are looking for something special. I went the eBay route and found a used XL1 to avoid taking the depreciation hit on new equipment, and I really didn't know at the time how much usage I'd be getting out of it, this being a new service I was offering through my department and there was no history. Now I know that it keeps me pretty busy and has caused me to travel quite a bit for the company. Which means I could have bought a more expensive (as in brand new) cam, but that's 20/20 hindsight.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog