New xl1s owner--HELP!!!!? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old August 10th, 2005, 08:45 PM   #1
Tourist

New xl1s owner--HELP!!!!?

While logging the first footage I shot with the camera, I'm noticing a jagged, pixelated line around my subjects when there is considerable motion. I did some non tripod pans and noticed the same problem. I've checked and re-checked my settings and everything appears to be set to normal. I have shot with an XL1s in the past, but recently acquired a used one. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Randy Conroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2005, 09:12 PM   #2
Tourist

Welp, when I view the logged clips, the jagged little lines aren't there. pheww!!! they were only visible while log and capturing, but not after. Interesting.
Randy Conroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2005, 02:10 PM   #3
Regular Crew

i could be wrong, but the 'jagged little lines' your refering to are probably the interlaced vertical and horizontal lines that make up the image on the xl1s,it goes away after capturing the footage. i guess cause it deinterlaces it.
Old August 13th, 2005, 09:47 PM   #4
Major Player

Sometimes the captuer software uses a priority for processor time on the actual capture and the preview you see is merely a quick representation.Sounds like thats what you have.
Jared unless you you shoot progressive the actual file is not deinterlaced at all.Unless you meant the preview only is deinterlaced.In that case just ignore me.
Jack Smith is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog