Dual wireless mics. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old September 28th, 2005, 07:04 PM   #1
Tourist

Dual wireless mics.

OK I have read some of the threads but still need some help.. I am trying to run 2 wireless mics into channel 2 on my XL1S via a beachtek DXA-4C add on while letting my onboard mic continue to run through channel 1. My problem is that I am only getting one of the two wireless mics showing up on tape? I have switched to 12 bit 1&2 so what am I doing wrong? I thank you for your time for this newbie. Thanks in advance guys...
John
John Dolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 04:33 AM   #2
Wrangler

Tell us what you are doing precisely.
Whch brand/model wireless mics?
How are they configured (settings, frequencies).
How are they connected to the camcorder (precisely which jacks).
How is the Beachtek setup and connected?
What are the camcorder settings?
Old September 29th, 2005, 05:53 AM   #3
Tourist

info on my set up

I have the beachtek DXA-4C connected to the camera through the channel 2 jacks on the side of the camera, I am using 2 Nady Pro 351 VR wireless mics with 2 seperate frequencies, I have my onboard shotgun set on channel 1 (it is working fine) I have my menu settings set on 12 bit ST-1,2
mix select is variable, audio 1 on the menu says ---, output channel says L/R
The wireless mics are hooked to the beachtek via SLR plugs
I hope this is all the ifon you asked for.. Let me know what else I need to give you. Again thank you for helping out a novice here.. I am trying to shoot a new TV show and have already had to loose too much tape to this problem..
John Dolar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29th, 2005, 06:52 PM   #4
Wrangler

A few thigs to check. Some may sound simple but strange things happen at times.

Is the beachtek set for the appropirate input level on both channels?

Note that the Audio 2 controls are both level, not level and balance.

Do you see any indicaton on the XL1 meters that you are gettng input from both wireless systems? Be sure the Audio Monitor setting is in ST2 or Mix setting.

Is the Audio 2 channel output missing in both analogf output and Firewire output modes?

Can you hearing the missing channel in headphones?

Have you tried the Beachtek connectd to Audio 1 inputs to test if the Beachtek and wqireless systesm is workign OK?

Have you tried swapping mics between the two channels on the Beachtek input? If that changes things you may have a bad mic or mic cable.

Have you tried swapping the Beachtek output between the two channels on the XL1 Audio 2 input? If that changes things, you may have a bad channel in the Beachtek.

Have you tried another source; e.g., wired mic, to each channel of the XL1 to verifythat it works OK?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog