Location Audio Mixers anyone? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old December 25th, 2002, 12:16 PM   #1
kino-eye

Location Audio Mixers anyone?

There are so many out there! But I believe only some are compatible with DV cameras (eps. XL1s).

So, what is your favourite location mixers and why?
Old December 27th, 2002, 12:18 PM   #2
kino-eye

442 Field Mixer by Sound Device

Has anyone used the 442 Field Mixer by Sound Devices for XL-1s? I would like to hear your feedback.
Old December 27th, 2002, 09:33 PM   #3
Warden

Sorry for the delay in responding. I've used the 442 and other Sound Devices http://www.sounddevices.com/index.html products. I feel they are generally the best in class and the 442 is no exception. It is the standard, both in terms of quality of construction and audio quality, by which other field mixers in that price range should be judged.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2003, 07:41 AM   #4
kino-eye

FP33 issues?

I've recently read a post (not here) about the issue of FP33 mixers with DV cameras. What was it all about? (i believe its got something to do with PEAK value or sumthing.. can't remember..)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog