I just can't choose - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old February 3rd, 2003, 04:18 PM   #16
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Good for you, Ismail! You're going to enjoy the PD150; it's a fine camera.

I'm curious about what finally prompted you to select the PD150? Ultimately, with every camera I've purchased there was some little feature or attribute that pushed me towards a selection.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2003, 04:32 PM   #17
Warden

Jerry never has been a big Canon fan. The school he instructs at doesn't use Canon either. There are many, many schools and other institutions using Canon cameras quite successfully. I use Canon produced tapes in my editing on an almost daily basis (with the latest FCP) and do not have sync problems or timecode breaks as Jerry alludes to. I think Jerry's limited exposure to Canon is through the boards he helps at. I firmly believe that most of the sync and timecode problems with FCP are the result of user errors in setting the preferences in FCP and other user related factors (hard drive issues, system issues, memory issues etc.). Jerry is not the final arbitrator of all things that work with FCP. The market place is. Both Apple and Canon do well together with their respective video products. This is evidenced by Apple certifying the XL1 and XL1S for use with the latest 3.x.x FCP versions.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2003, 10:58 PM   #18
Inner Circle

"Nice work Dean! Great coverage."

Thanks, Ken...

Too bad we're not doing those reports anymore. Was fun while it lasted.

Dean Sensui
Base Two Productions.
Dean Sensui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2003, 12:49 AM   #19
Major Player

Good job Ismail, you knew that was what you wanted all along. I know you will be happy with that camera, it really is a top performer and choosing between them all can be tough but it really is up to your tastes. Now you have a very fine camera on it's way to you, so learn it like your own face and it will serve you well.

Best of Luck.
Rhett Allen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog