xl1s evf at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old January 13th, 2002, 09:49 AM   #1
kozma steve

xl1s evf

still i don't know how to make evf b&w
please helpp
Old January 13th, 2002, 10:27 AM   #2
Major Player

The electronic view finder that comes standard with the XL-1 is color. A high resolution black and white view finder is available as a separate assessory. Unless the XL-1S has changed things, there is now chroma control (no way to get rid of color) in the EVF. I presume you're using PAL where the same would apply.
Old January 13th, 2002, 04:15 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

You can make a "black box" to go between the EVF and camera body which takes out the color. See Don Palomaki's article in the EVF section of the Articles Menu on the XL1 Watchdog.

On the XL1S, you can adjust the EVF color between red and blue, but you can't completely dial out the color.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2002, 04:23 PM   #4
Major Player

Welcome back Chris.

What's the advantage, if any, of a b&w EVF if it's not hi-res? Even if you can take the chroma out of the color EVF, the image will still be lacking the necessary definition for critical focusing. That's what I suspect the original post was about. Under the best of all possible worlds I would like to have a high resolution EVF that can be toggled between B&W and color. Tha t way I can check focus AND color balance. Too much to ask but no loss in asking.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog