Display video out at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old October 10th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #1
New Boot

Display video out

I dont know of this has been asked before but, I have used my XL1s cameras to feed video to an external recorder and had no problem with turning off the displayed information so my video was clean. I hooked up my older XL1 last night to do the same thing and I can not get the display to clear completely. If I push the EVF off or on it will remove the auto indicators and light light settings but the tape indacator and the record speed and tape display are still showing. I looked all through the menu settings but could not find anything to let me turn of the displays completely. Does anyone know if this is possible or is the camera only good for veiwing through the video out and not recording?
Thanks
Old October 10th, 2006, 06:54 PM   #2
Wrangler

With the XL1 you have to use the remote control (On Screen button) to toggle the display on the analog video output signal. When recording it defaults to ON, when playing it defaults to OFF.
Old October 15th, 2006, 06:56 AM   #3
New Boot

Thanks

Thanks for the help Don, now I just have to find my REMOTE!
Old November 3rd, 2006, 11:56 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks for the remote tip, I had the same issue and was actually able to find the remote. I thank God for your tip.

Chris

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog