XL-1 On Screen at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old October 30th, 2006, 08:38 PM   #1
New Boot

XL-1 On Screen

My Media Department at school has one XL-1 and this is our best cam. we use it mainly for multi camera shoots as the camera that gets the close ups and such...we always use the video out and run it to a video switcher...but now the on screen is always on and the remote will not work, so we can not take it off.. we have replaced the batterys.. and no such luck.. i read a post on hear about the GL-2 LCD connector coming loose with a loose tripod mount, witch also recently happend to our GL-2. so i know you guys know your stuff. any one have any suggestions?
Michael Behr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2006, 05:26 AM   #2
Wrangler

As you correcty noted, the on screen display in the analog output of the XL1 is toggled on/off using the remote control's "on screen" button. If defaults to ON when in camera mode and OFF when in VCR mode. There is no menu option to control it. However, if the problem is a bad remote control, the remote from a GL1/2 should work with the XL1.

Also the XL1 has remote control sensors front and rear so if one is defective, the other may work.

Also, the ZR-1000 remote control has an "on screen" button and can be used to toggle the display.
Old October 31st, 2006, 08:18 AM   #3
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Behr
My Media Department at school has one XL-1 and this is our best cam. we use it mainly for multi camera shoots as the camera that gets the close ups and such...we always use the video out and run it to a video switcher...but now the on screen is always on and the remote will not work, so we can not take it off.. we have replaced the batterys.. and no such luck.. i read a post on hear about the GL-2 LCD connector coming loose with a loose tripod mount, witch also recently happend to our GL-2. so i know you guys know your stuff. any one have any suggestions?
I still have the remote from my XL1 that I had listed a while back in the classifieds. I also have the color vf/mic combo and the MA-100. The buyer wanted just the body. Long story short, if you need a replacement remote, I'll let go of mine cheap.

-gb-
Greg Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2006, 08:00 PM   #4
New Boot

hey thanks guys and ill think about the remote Greg. its my schools cam so they will be paying for it and such.
Michael Behr is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog