live feed transmission at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old February 11th, 2002, 11:15 AM   #1
New Boot

live feed transmission

Hi ! anybody out there that can point the way to a gadget that can be plugged into cannon or sony pro DV cameras ie. the XL1S or vr1000.... which will transmit a live feed for a range of 3+ miles i'm looking for somthing compact enough to hook up to the camera and a helmet for skydiving and hang gliding . motorcycling and the sort.. Your help is greatly appreciated

Respectfully,

Kyle R Baker
Freefly Navigator
Kyle Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2002, 04:33 PM   #2
Major Player

Hi Kyle,

How are things in SD? I lived there for about 20 years, leaving in 1990. I always wanted to video some of our off-road bike trips down in Baja, but never had the equipment to get it done.

Markertek.com has some wireless systems that will transmit (they claim) up to 7 miles, but it is not a portable system. There are other more portable solutions with 800'-1000' transmission ranges. Search for "wireless video" and see if anything would work for you.
Old February 11th, 2002, 09:30 PM   #3
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Interesting question. I think that TV stations (at least here in Chicago) use microwave relays for sending their live shots back to the station. That's what those telescoping dishes on their vans facilitate. I'm sure there must be a plethora of permits required for that.

Just our of curiosity what do you plan to shoot under such conditions?

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2002, 10:36 AM   #4
New Boot

reply to Ken Tanaka

Ken,

I'm interested in using the live format for skydiving and hang gliding. I have some pretty wonderfull ideas for comercial applications. I'd like to be versed and backed with the technology and applicable licences before I shop my ideas to the potential buyers. So they'd be likely to not only buy my idea, but have my production Co do the stunts and filming as well....... Most of my ideas are for product bundling, so being new to this I was wondering about shopping different company's in completely unrelated product fields to buy into the same idea. All tied together they would create a stunning mental picture, one that would stick out in the consumers mind like amazing grace on bag pipes....... I could go on about this for days so i'll cut it short... I saw a couple of your posts on music copy writes.. is that a difficult process to sort thru. I can see where things could get ugly.... anyway, Ken thnx for your time. and dont hesitate to hit me back. i've got a cool thousand questions, perhaps we could hit some ideas back and forth...
Respectfully,

Kyle Baker
Kyle Baker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog