New release for all CineForm products now available. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 2nd, 2007, 09:34 PM   #1
CTO, CineForm Inc.

New release for all CineForm products now available.

NEO HDV, HD and 2K, Aspect HD & Prospect HD & 2K all have new updates. Many fixes, particularly for Vista users, XDCAM HD camera operators, and support for the JVC Everio HD7 cameras. Other enhancement include more multiple processor tweaks, and memory enhancements for large complex project rendering and exporting.

There are enough changes that everyone should upgrade.

All the update are available here : http://www.cineform.com/products/Dow.../Downloads.htm
Old August 3rd, 2007, 01:11 AM   #2
Major Player

Thank you, thank you, thank you...

David(s),

I am so appreciative of you guys for doing what you had to do to support XDCAM HD. I realize that in addition of quite a bit of work, it meant a financial investment in licensing the codec.

I don't know if you've ever used MainConcept MPEG2 plug-in, and I'm sure MainConcept is a wonderful company, but if you have, you'll understand why I'm gushing a bit to be back in the Cineform world with my F350.

It's installed and running, but I haven't had a chance to capture anything yet as I've been at work all week. Can't wait.

Tip McPartland
Tip McPartland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 08:43 AM   #3
Major Player

David, the new update is working quite well and only gave one error on a whole afternoon/evening of very intense, heavy editing, with large and complex alpha channeled layers on 1920 CFed material.

That's better than Premiere's usual track record... :) , so you guys are to be complimented with making it all work in that environment! We returned to using 32-bit float, and like I said, only needed an occasional reboot after hours of editing (that's always been par for the course with Premiere in WinTel boxes anyway) to keep going.

We are getting some new little strange behaviors with some PP things, but nothing really serious yet. I'll post as we can reproduce them.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 09:13 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes, even 32-bit float rendering works so much better. We have been doing extensive render tests all week on many PC types -- while there is still some room for improvement, it has got over the workflow issues. Thanks for your reports.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 04:37 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi,
Does the following quote mean that announced batch DPX to Cineform AVI conversion is available now?:
"HDLink file selector now defaults to all convertible media rather than just MPEG media"
I am still lingering away several projects waiting for this feature...
J.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 06:09 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

No. Previously you have to requirest decoding AVI, MXF or some MOVs in the file requestor, it was an unnecessary manual step. DPX support is still coming.
Old August 3rd, 2007, 06:22 PM   #7
Major Player

Question:
For some reason capturing via a BM Intensity Pro card within HDLink,
It seems the Quality/bit rate settings (low/med/high) don’t seem to make a difference in file sizes?
Is this a bug?
Even downsizing from 1920 to 720 doesn’t seem to change the size of captured files..

Am I missing something?
BTW HDLink still only uses the 8 bit with Intensity pro with no option to go 10 bit..
Salah Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 06:35 PM   #8
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You see more than those old three quality settings -- there are now five quality levels in the drop-down list. All quality levels and resolutions should have a significant effect on the bit-rate (unless you leave the lens cap on.)

I don't think 10-bit is support via the signal lane PCE-express Intensity card, the camera is only outputting 8-bit, however the compression is now 10-bit by default. Direct 10-bit is offered when using the Decklink cards.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase