Choosing 16:9 CF HD export still comes out as 4:3! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 13th, 2007, 01:52 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Choosing 16:9 CF HD export still comes out as 4:3!

(I'm hoping this is the correct table for this...)

Running into an odd issue, but I think I may just be mis-setting my export options...

...I'm trying to export a 2 hour movie file shot in HDV and edited in Premiere Pro 1.5.1 to a standard-def DVD in Encore 1.5. Previously, I was able to export an MPEG-2 file, but that no longer works. I found that exporting as a "Cineform HD Export" file gives acceptable image quality, but despite my choosing 16:9 as the aspect ratio, the finished file comes out as 4:3- I checked this in both Windows Media Player, and in Encore. Oddly enough, the settings (prior to export) tell me the resulting file will be in 16:9.

So, guess I have two questions, and an answer for either one will suffice: First, is there some other setting I'm missing to get the file to be 16:9 (as the project was originally shot in)??? Or, can I import this file into Premiere Pro again and re-export without significantly reducing image quality?

Thanks in advance! :)
Jonathan Pokay is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase