Cineform & CS3 PROBLEMS at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 19th, 2007, 09:49 PM   #1
New Boot

Cineform & CS3 PROBLEMS

Hello, this is my 1st post on this site! But, long time reader!

I was using the Cineform Aspect HD 2-week trial for Premiere CS3. After a week & a half I decided to un-install it. Once I did that, I'm unable to import any HD footage. So when I try to import a m2t file I get a Time.cpp-105 error:
http://www.dvinfo.net/gallery/files/...R_original.gif

I even un-installed, then re-installed Premiere & I still get the same thing! 2 things I should mention, when I launch Premiere I get a box saying the Cineform trial has expired:
http://www.dvinfo.net/gallery/files/...x_original.gif

After I click OK, to not enter a serial #, there's still a option to use the Cineform settings:
http://www.dvinfo.net/gallery/files/.../1/cine-db.jpg

Has anyone else have this problem after they un-intsalled a Cineform product? Any help you could provide is MUCH appreciated, as it stands I can't work on HD footage in Premiere @ all. :(

Thank you!
Old August 19th, 2007, 10:04 PM   #2
New Boot

Reply from David Newman!

As soon as I posted the above question, I got a reply on another forum about this issue from the CTO of Cineform, David Newman.
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
We have not heard of this issue. The time.cpp is an Adobe Error, so you may need to contact Adobe is the problem continues. Aspect HD doesn't install (or uninstall) any MPEG handling components, we are strickly AVI or MOV based. However it does seem that some component didn't completely uninstall.

Here are the directories and files that should have been removed with the uninstall.

These are the plug-ins:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm

The presets:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Settings\en_US\CineForm

And this file is the editing mode:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Plug-ins\en_US\Editing Modes\CineForm Editing Modes.xml

Manual direct these to clean up your folders.
Premiere is up & running PERFECT now! Thank you David!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase