Pink Boxes W/ Neo/PrePro multicam at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 3rd, 2007, 06:14 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Pink Boxes W/ Neo/PrePro multicam

I've downloaded Neo trial, and it was working fine until I tried to edit with multi-cam view in Premiere Pro2. The multiview windows appear as solid pink boxes (can't see the clips, the main Box is OK) but if I just guess, and start cutting (as a test) the final comp looks OK.

Is this typical of Neo? or is it a PrePro2 problem. I was just ready to purchase NEO, then discovered this. Any help greatly appreciated.

Steve B
Steve Boutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2007, 10:17 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

That is odd as Aspect and Prospect HD work fine for that operation. Which NEO version are you using?

Note: Multi-cam under PPro2 is slow, CS3 is better.
Old September 4th, 2007, 02:16 AM   #3
Regular Crew

I'm using the Neo HDV version. It works great all the way through the workflow, it's only in multi-cam that I have problems. The multi-cam feature works fine ordinarily. I have Pprocs3 also, but 3 out of 5 times pproCS3 would stop rendering about 30% through, and freeze, I've had nothing but trouble with CS3, I'm just waiting to see if Adobe comes up with some fixes for it. I uninstalled it, and reinstalled ppr2, which has always worked fine for me.

Anyway, I guess if there has been no other reports of this, then it must be my set up, even though everything else works fine.

[edit]: I took a closer look. Here's exactly what it does. If I have 3 clips in the multi-cam window, only the selected clip looks clean (no streaks etc.) the other 2 multi-cam windows, and the comp window have green streaks through them.

If I press play only the selected window (multi-cam view), and the comp. window are visible, but with severe green streaks, and the unselected windows turn solid pink.

Steve B

Last edited by Steve Boutin; September 4th, 2007 at 03:13 AM. Reason: I took a closer look
Steve Boutin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 08:47 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I doesn't sound like you running the CineForm importer, rather you are use the old component Adobe ships. Make sure you have this file : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm\im-CFHD_File_Import.prm. If it is missing uninstall, then reinstall NEO.

note: With Aspect HD or Prospect HD we now find CS3 more stable than PPro2, however we don't do much testing with the NEO products on Premiere as that was designed for products outside of Premiere (mainly Vegas.)
Old September 4th, 2007, 11:03 AM   #5
Regular Crew

OK. Thanks, I'll try that.

Steve B
Steve Boutin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase