How to use PPro2-CF-AJA...together at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 5th, 2007, 02:00 PM   #1
Tourist

How to use PPro2-CF-AJA...together

I'm evaluating the trial of Aspect HD on a PC using PPro2 and an AJA Xena board. I'm trying to use MXF files from a Panasonic HVX200 that were shot at 1280x720 30P.
The problem is I havent found a workflow that uses all these ingredients effectively.
I assume I want to use the CF presets to take advantage of the RT engine but when I do that I get no previews from the AJA. I read somewhere I may need a CF approved version of the AJA driver(I'm using V2.6) but I could find no mention of it anywhere on the CF site. Premiere also frequently crashes with the CF presets but this may be another symptom of incompatible AJA drivers?

If I bring the CF converted files into an AJA preset, I get previews to my program monitor but everything needs to be rendered in order to play back in real time.Unless...when I do the conversion I set it not to resize and to keep the files aspect ratio. The problem with that is all the videos come in vertically stretched because the pixel aspect is 1.0 and I have to manually reinterpret the files to 1.33 to display correctly. These files playback OK but I get a red renderbar over all of them.

Sooo...what am I doing wrong? How is this supposed to work? I've heard a lot of good things about the CF codec and I think it would be a good solution for us as we begin to move in to HD.
John Baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2007, 02:15 PM   #2
Tourist

nevermind

CF support just got back to me and said that Aspect doesn't work with AJA, only Prospect does.
John Baum is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase