CineForm and Sony Vegas 8 - Page 7 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 19th, 2007, 12:57 PM   #91
Inner Circle

Thanks David. I am sure my Magic Bullet etc. for use in my highlight clips is sufficient!
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 01:12 PM   #92
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The issue for you is rendering of you MB ouptut back to M2T, which is very lossy. This is where CineForm can help. It also depended on your final distrubtion format.
Old October 19th, 2007, 01:26 PM   #93
Inner Circle

I use the plug in, not the freestanding version...so in my case there are no re-compression issues...
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 01:28 PM   #94
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You are always compressing to something. But it you can target your destination format from the Vegas timeline, then you are set.
Old October 28th, 2007, 09:00 AM   #95
Regular Crew

Just upgraded to Vegas Pro 8...

How to I transfer my neohdv to vegas 8?? Do I need a new license?
Joseph Kassana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2007, 09:37 AM   #96
CTO, CineForm Inc.

If it is not just working (no license transfers or upgrade required) try uninstalling NEO then reinstalling.
Old November 27th, 2007, 01:19 AM   #97
Regular Crew

Not licensed

I have read through and even after renaming, and even reinstalling the Player, the cfhd.dll file found in Vegas Pro 8 to old i am getting a
"Not licensed for Cineform HD encoding. Please visit...."
It's a new machine with Vista Ultimate 64bit. Any help would be appreciated.
Chuck Biddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 08:02 AM   #98
Regular Crew

Chuck -

You appear to have Neo Player: Do you have one of the Neo encoding products, e.g. NEO HDV? David can correct me if I'm wrong, but if you only have the player, then that comes only with a viewing codec, not an encoding codec. By renaming the CFHD.DLL that comes with Vegas 8 to "old", you have disabled the only version of the codec on your system that is capable of encoding.

I thought that the discussion in this thread applied to those who have NEO HD or NEO HDV, and not to those with only Neo Player. Again, David can correct if I'm wrong.
Ian Hay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2007, 11:51 AM   #99
Regular Crew

You are correct. I only have the cineform (2.5 or 2.8???) that orginally came with Vegas. I was under the impression, and I believe it worked on another workstation, that by simply downloading the player it would update to 3.3. I may have misunderstood that simply getting the player allowed for the 3.3 codec to be used. Dave??
I'm going to work a project or two from start to finsih with the codecs and see if it's worth the purchase. I decided if I'm going to use it at all just the on the fly conversion is worth the price.
Old November 27th, 2007, 12:08 PM   #100
Regular Crew

It works

I tried one of my other workstations and it WILL render a 3.3 codec AVI from Vegas Pro 8. I believe I did the same thing with renaming the cfhd file. Any other suggestions or maybe it's a Vista 64bit problem on the new computer?

Help
Old December 31st, 2007, 04:56 AM   #101
Trustee

Vegas 7e problems with NEO HDV avi's

I am using NEO HDV to capture and convert HDV 24F from a Canon HV20 as well as an A1. When I open a Vegas project (version 7e) and I begin to pull clips to the timeline Vegas will all of a sudden shut down. Vegas will work fine with the 24F M2T clips from my A1 but when I try to use clips converted to CineForm Intermediate avi's it chokes. I saw some posts about this happening with Vegas 6 and have tried some of the suggestion/fixes for that but nothing is helping. I did download and install the latest version of Neo HDV so that isn't a fix (I did uninstall the earlier version before installing the latese).

I have a ticket into Cineform but have not recieved a reply yet. Any help would be appreciated as I'm tyring to get some editing done for a video I have to do in January.

Thanks,
Garrett Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 09:42 AM   #102
Major Player

Aspect and Vegas 8

After using Vegas 6 for music multitracking and sound work for my video stuff, I have upgraded to Vegas 8.

I'm currently set up with Adobe CS2/Premiere Pro 2 (aka Crash-o-matic), and Aspect 4.3 (I know, I know... I'll upgrade soon).

Is there any downside to using Vegas 8 with my CFHD clips? Is anyone else using this combo, or do I really need to add another breed of Cineform for Vegas to work best in the Cinform world?

I'd really like to fully explore this combo before plunking down the bucks to upgrade my Adobe suite. I'm willing to give up some of the multi program integration of Adobe, for a lean, stable NLE...and of course, the prospect (no pun intended) of working with EX1 footage soon.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 11:13 AM   #103
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Vegas 8 will work fine with CineForm clips, however not as fast as Aspect HD allows in Premiere. Some Vegas 8 installations load an older CineForm codec, to prevent this rename the CFHD.dll file in the Vegas install directory. This issue is worse with Aspect HD v5 or NEO v3, as the old Vegas component is not longer compatible.
Old December 31st, 2007, 11:41 AM   #104
Major Player

Thanks David. This will be a stop-gap until I go the Prospect route with the EX1. If I rename the file, will Vegas find the current installed codec, or do I need to reinstall Aspect after Vegas 8 is installed?

Since the year is just about gone, it's as good of time as any to say thanks to you and David Taylor for your steadfast support. It's truly a paradigm shift in customer support.

I thought about posting my question at around 11:55pm, just to see if you are able to monitor this board whilst singing Auld Lang Syne.

Thanks again, and Happy New Year.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2007, 12:01 PM   #105
CTO, CineForm Inc.

:)

Renaming the file, allows Vegas to find the new codec installed. Only some PCs find the wrong codec, so this is a preventive measure.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase