Neo Hdv at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 17th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #1
Major Player

Neo Hdv

I have NEO on two computers, has anyone experienced the difficulty in updating, one of my computers has not recognized any update since last week, each activation key will not activate the software, and now my office computer says thanks for the evaluation and won't update either. So now I have both computers with non functional cineform NEO, would like to know if anyone has had this extremely frustrating problem.
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 01:51 PM   #2

yeah...I had the same thing happen. If you file a trouble ticket with Cineform, they'll reset your activation. The activation number they send you is keyed to your computer ID. If something happens to your hard drive and the drive volume s/n is renamed, your computer ID is changed and your Neo activation won't work anymore. I don't like this licensing scheme..but, oh well.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2007, 11:36 PM   #3
Major Player

Here's a switch I can't figure out, but I'm trying, not only are the activations causing me fits but now vegas 8 started crashing, would only get to 33% open of saved veg files, cineform avi, then crash, I tried everything, except uninstalling cineform, not working anyway, then capturing some clips directly with vegas 8, what happened, no crashing, I have tried for the last two hours to get it to crash, it won't and will open all the new veg files which are the m2t files.
Old September 18th, 2007, 07:32 AM   #4

there's a bug in the v8 release. go into your Vegas program directory and disable(rename) the file called CFHD.dll . THis will force v8 to use the file provided by cineform and should fix your problems.
Old September 18th, 2007, 10:38 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks, I knew there was a Vegas 8 issue, hope there are not too many. My issue with cineform is still unresolved.
Old September 18th, 2007, 01:26 PM   #6
Major Player

I renamed the cfhd file and finally got cineform reinstalled, now one computer to go. It seems the engineers are aware of the cfhd problem, I'm sure it will be resolved
Old September 18th, 2007, 03:51 PM   #7
Major Player

I renamed the cfhd file, however, vegas 8 still crashed at 33% when trying to open a saved cineform veg file. however, it would open a sony m2t veg file Any thoughts?
Old September 18th, 2007, 04:09 PM   #8

Just a guess...there's something corrupted in the cineform veg file.
Old September 18th, 2007, 09:26 PM   #9
Major Player

I would guess that, it happened after I rendered a file in HD WMV, and the tried to update cineform, everything went haywire after that, all my veg. files were the same, virtually useless.
Old September 19th, 2007, 01:23 PM   #10
Major Player

Well, I changed the cfhd.dll and reinstalled NEO, finally, and all is well so far. V8 opens the saved veg. clips (cineform avi) still get an error message when closing V8 as to it can't read a certain memory, V8 issue on maybe a ram issue or something, don't know yet. Of course I opened a support ticket with Sony and they have never responded, don't expect them to, however, I have to say Cineform goes way beyond to help. I would like to thank Jake and Cineform,for their help.
Old September 19th, 2007, 04:58 PM   #11

Takes Sony media several days to respond. The error message you receive on closing seems to be common. I think it's related to an error between vegas abd dotnet v3.
Old September 19th, 2007, 07:02 PM   #12
Major Player

On this computer, its a laptop, 3 gig with 1 gig of ram, I thought the error could have something to do with the ram being used up, can't refresh, and V8 just using alot of ram, I gave my pref set at 200 virtual, with almost 700 available, I just don't think its enough, especially if other programs are running, like I do.
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase