After updating to AHD 5 I can't import m2t files to PPRO CS3 - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 23rd, 2007, 04:51 PM   #16
Trustee

I had this problem, then it went away the other day for no reason. Wierd? However I got a notice that there was an update to Premiere Pro CS3. I downloaded and let the Adobe installer update CS3 and when I started it the next time I got the error again. I am back to having to rename this particular file again.

Strange Days indeed. Most peculiar mama.....
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 11:25 AM   #17
Regular Crew

i have the same issue on my two workstations.
one is on WinXP + Premiere 3.1 + AHD 5.1.2 and QT7.2
The new one is on a fresh install of Vista 32bits + AHD5.1.2 and QT7.1.5

i can't open m2t files. same error.
with premiere 3.0.0, sometimes it works and sometimes not. i have noticed that if you want to open a file that has been opened previously in a project, it fails.

maybe it's a issue QT, i remenber that when all was ok, i was with 7.1.0
Cedric Pottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 12:41 PM   #18
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Sometimes Premiere needs to refresh its plugin list (i.e. a smack on the side of it head.) Start Premiere with the SHIFT key held down until it asks for the project -- this fixed the only PC that had this problem here.

Last edited by David Newman; November 5th, 2007 at 04:22 PM.
David Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 03:28 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Exact David! This seems to have resolved the issue.
thanks
Cedric Pottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 01:55 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quicktime

Sorry if I'm introducing a tangent here. I've had this same problem on my system of late, and (as I'm sure many of you have noticed) there's very little concrete information turning up if you do a google search on it. However, from what I've read, I had thought it was a quicktime issue. I had tried the latest version of Quicktime as well as Quicktime Alternative on my editing system (Windows Vista x64, by the way) and I found that I got this message and the associated problems in one form or another when either of them were installed. Hence, I'm currently running "quicktime-less," which is superbly annoying. However, Premiere Pro CS3 works GREAT at the moment so I'm hesitant to change again. That said, here's the facts and questions:
1. I have the Aspect HD trial installed, though I'm not currently using anything but the codec.
2. When I have the latest version of Quicktime or Quicktime Alternative installed Premiere will start once and then give me the time.cpp-105 error. Afterward, I cannot open Premiere at all. It just crashes.
3. When I install an older version of Quicktime Alternative I can open Premiere (though it takes forever) and edit, but it crashes a lot and won't let me import any new clips (It gives me the time.cpp-105 error when I try).

I'm sure this sounds lazy, but I really don't want to mess with quicktime again unless I can be reasonably sure of some positive results. My system is working really well right now and I'm in the middle of a big project. Hence my question:

Were I to reinstall one flavor or another of quicktime and start Premiere with the SHIFT key to refresh the plugins, as David has suggested, is it likely that the above problems will be alleviated? I would really like to have my iTunes library back, but I really need to get this project done too. Thanks in advance for your help!
Old December 18th, 2007, 02:45 PM   #21
Major Player

I have the same issue, which I thought folks on the adobe forum
said started with cs3.1.1. But, anyway, when I unload QT, everything works.
They way if you unse 7.1.3 I think then it works. I see not solution
being posted yet.

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 02:58 PM   #22
CTO, CineForm Inc.

No issue with Quicktime here. Premiere can get confused, so when Premiere starts hold down the shift key while the plugins load, this normally fixing random QT issues.
Old December 18th, 2007, 04:17 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Dave Campbell,
You're right. Mine quit working when the autoupdater installed the update to 3.1.1. I had no problems before that. I'll try the 7.1.3 thing if David Newman's fix doesn't work.

David Newman,
Thanks for watching these forums, by the way. It seems that this problem really isn't your problem at all, but it's really nice to know that your company is watching out for the people using your product. That kind of thing is really appreciated. Thanks. It would sure be nice if someone from adobe could pop their head in now and then, but alas, it appears that they don't.

As for this little problem, does anyone know if it's possible to uninstall the 3.1.1 update? I had no issues before it installed, so it has definitely been a step backward for me. I haven't seen anything official from either Apple or Adobe either. It would be a lot more tolerable if there was at least some indication that this was being worked on by whichever party is culpable.

Last edited by Alex Chamberlain; December 19th, 2007 at 01:22 PM.
Alex Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2007, 10:37 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Update

David Newman,
You're the man. I reinstalled Quicktime (latest version) and started Premiere Pro whilst holding down the SHIFT key and I now have a crash-free system once more. Life is good! Thanks a ton!
Old December 18th, 2007, 11:01 PM   #25
CTO, CineForm Inc.

If only all bugs where this easy. We discovered this mysterous fix a couple of months ago when people where claiming our QT importer was crashing M2T clips, when to weren't related. It seems Premiere sometimes get it plugin plumbing wrong, and the shift resets this.
Old January 27th, 2008, 01:42 PM   #26
Major Player

I had the same problem. Holding down the shift key gives me a blackscreen error message and aborts the load. Renaming the importer worked. I don't import mov files anyway.
Brad Tyrrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2008, 05:30 AM   #27
Regular Crew

Holding down shift worked for me too.

It's definitely related to indexing the files, I imported about 5 HDV files, after the 4th one I started getting the error and it happened every time after that.

did the hold shift on load and it's working now, thanks.
John McGinley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 07:02 AM   #28
Major Player

Hey everyone, sorry to resurrect this old thread again.

I know it's a QT problem w/ Cineform, because when I remove Quicktime it works fine. But then I can't run iTunes, so I need Quicktime. When I install it back, it cripples support for MPEG-2 again. I've seen this pattern many times after many reformats of my computer.

I've tried holding down SHIFT but that has never resolved it for me. Is there a particular version of Quicktime people have found is compatible? I'm running the latest now, but maybe downgrading to an older version would help?

That's what people seemed to do to resolve the After Effects bug recently (not Cineform related of course).
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2008, 09:57 AM   #29
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We know it is NOT CineForm, rather Abobe's plugin cache is calling the wrong importer in your case (maybe you shift key is broken -- only joking.) If you not using CineForm MOV files, remove CFQTCompiler.prm from C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase