Your evaluation period is over - popup at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:57 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Your evaluation period is over - popup

Hi
I'm sure this question has been asked before (or I would assume it has) but I can't find a pinpointed response anywhere:
How do I stop the ever present popup "Thank you for evaluating this software. Your evaluation period is over. Please visit http://www.cineform.com to purchase the software" from showing every time I open PP2. It's really annoying!
I had uninstalled the trial version last week (after expiration) but I keep getting this warning/popup.
Anyone know how to shut it up?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Kirk
Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:23 AM   #2
Major Player

What version of Aspect are you using? I get that too (I had to reinstall Windows XP) and according to Cineform, there is something in XP that is causing the registration to 'fail'.

I'm on Aspect 4.x and they have fixed it in 5.x so you either have to upgrade, or just keep your serial/key handy in a txt file.
James Huenergardt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:24 AM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Clearly something hasn't uninstalled. Remove this folder

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm
Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:49 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the help... but I'm still stuck. That folder wasn't there David (I wish it had been so I could be rid of this).

Here's the lowdown:

I have the Adobe CS2 Production Premium package living on an XP machine. Three weeks ago I tried out the Cineform AspectHD trial AND LOVED IT!
After the trial expired I found that some files weren't opening in AE as they should... so after some troubleshooting I went to the control panel and uninstalled the now inactive AspectHD trial. It unistalled (and I can find no trace of the trial now) and the files were then useable... but... but everytime I open PP2 I get the popup.
It's not hampering my work in any way, it's just annoying.
I've looked through the dll's in the system32 folder, but haven't found any that I can associate with the trial.
Any more ideas?
Thanks, again!

Last edited by L. Kirk Kauder; October 22nd, 2007 at 10:50 AM. Reason: re-worded
L. Kirk Kauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:53 AM   #5
CTO, CineForm Inc.

For CS2 the folder is
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm

We don't install component for Premeire anywhere else, and the Premiere plugins aren't registered. When Premiere starts, hold down the shift key, this force Premiere to rescan the plugins installed.

AE the issue is easy addressed, it is CS2 bug, fixed in CS3, yet you can remove one component and Aspect HD CS2 AE works fine.
Old October 22nd, 2007, 10:55 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Clearly something hasn't uninstalled. Remove this folder

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm
David, you set me on the right path!
Using your suggestion I did a search for "CineForm" and found it here: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0\Plug-ins\en_US

That little bugger was hiding! I deleted the file and the popup is gone.
Thanks to everyone for their input!
Kirk

BTW it looks like our posts crossed. It's good to see a company being on top of their customers concerns. You can definately count on my returning as a paying customer!
Old October 24th, 2007, 06:33 AM   #7
Regular Crew

i'm a newbie and i just ordered vegas studio 8 platinum and a training dvd. what does the ceniform do that vegas does not? is it just for the 24p pulldown?
thanks,
gerald
Gerald Hocutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 10:33 AM   #8
Major Player

Cineform is a far superior codec than HDV for editing, as HDV straight from the camera is 15 GOP, or 1 full frame, and 14 frames of just 'the changes'. This causes the computer to have to work a lot harder for simple cuts, as they will only fall on the first frame one out of 15 times. This forces a render just to cut your footage. What it translates to you is better performance while editing, due to less compression, and much higher quality through multiple generations. As well, it's allowing me personally to build a pc offline to mac online using EDLs and the quick conversion from avi to mov. HDLink, the utility that comes with Cineform, also allows you to export an m2t back to tape without waiting on a render.

www.cineform.com has a ton of good information about what it does, and how it'll help you. Neo is the product you'd need for Vegas.

Enjoy! :)

Carl

Last edited by Carl Middleton; October 24th, 2007 at 10:35 AM. Reason: fix an omission
Carl Middleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 03:44 PM   #9
Major Player

Carl, thank you for that great post - you're hired!
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 04:10 PM   #10
Major Player

Expanding on what Carl said, HDV was designed for delivery. CFHD was designed for editing. That helps explain why CFHD is a better solution for HD editing.

Best,
Christopher
Christopher Glaeser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2007, 04:56 PM   #11
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Kirk Kauder View Post
David, you set me on the right path!
Using your suggestion I did a search for "CineForm" and found it here: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro 2.0\Plug-ins\en_US
Thanks to this discussion I searched my own program folder and found several Cineform files which hopefully account for the popup message I've been getting in Edius - which isn't even linked to Cineform as far as I know.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase