Aspect hd newbie at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 5th, 2007, 02:06 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Aspect hd newbie

Hi there,

Looking to try aspect hd. I have a Canon Xh-A1 and Premiere Pro CS3.

I hear great things about this software but I am worried about an existing (very important) SD project that I am working on in Premiere.

Does adding cineform affect current projects in any way? Does it interrupt SD projects and workflows? Can I edit in SD once cineform has been installed?

Essentially I am curious about any risks there may be when installing this software, including the trial version.

Thanks all

Jay
Jay Legere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 02:16 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

If you not using the CineForm edit mode (via CineForm HD preset) you are not using CineForm. This means your existing SD projects will not be effected in any way.
Old November 5th, 2007, 02:24 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks David,

I was a little worried Cineform would essentially take over CS3 once installed.

I don't actually have the software downloaded yet. I will use the trial tonight for the first time and am very excited to see how it handles Canon's 24f hdv.

Essentially what you are saying is, I open Adobe normally and it is as if Cineform does not exist until I activate it within Adobe as a preset? Is this generally how the software runs?

Will I have troubles with Vista 32bit?

Jay
Jay Legere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2007, 02:56 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Legere View Post
Essentially what you are saying is, I open Adobe normally and it is as if Cineform does not exist until I activate it within Adobe as a preset? Is this generally how the software runs?
Yes. Adobe will only use the CineForm plugins when you are in a project that needs them.

Quote:
Will I have troubles with Vista 32bit?
Of course, it is Vista. :) Vista users sometime have trouble getting the camera to connect, particularly under HDlink, but not all users. Do test for this.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase