DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   New Aspect/Prosect HD/2K version in beta open beta (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/107401-new-aspect-prosect-hd-2k-version-beta-open-beta.html)

David Newman November 7th, 2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Armour (Post 771727)
One more thing: is that Tsunami encoder the same one included in TMPGEnc 4.0 XPress ?

Very likely, it might even be a slightly newer revision. XPress will give you more controls, yet the library we licensed integrates the HDV encoding features into Premiere for straight forward M2T exports.

Stephen Armour November 7th, 2007 07:06 PM

David, do we load this beta as usual (uninstall Prospect first, then install beta) and can we load this beta without blowing our registered versions out the door?

Tnx

Jon Jaschob November 7th, 2007 07:16 PM

A Ok

Stephen >>>>Install is the same, no SN, Activation problems...

Tested m2t export, Aspect 5.2 PPro2. Worked without a problem. Wish the file extension was automatic, I always forget to write it in....

When do you think you will be releasing the overlay fix? Just knowing it's out there makes me want it all the more :-)

Thanks,
Jon

nVidia user :-(

David Newman November 7th, 2007 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Armour (Post 771961)
David, do we load this beta as usual (uninstall Prospect first, then install beta) and can we load this beta without blowing our registered versions out the door?

Tnx

Uninstall old, reinstall new, is always prefered, registration is no affected. Never de-activate, unless you are moved your license to a new PC.

David Newman November 7th, 2007 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon Jaschob (Post 771965)
Install is the same, no SN, Activation problems...

I don't know what this means.

An Aspect HD build with the Force YUV fixed should be up in a day or two.

Carl Middleton November 7th, 2007 07:36 PM

YUV/Overlay Issue

I'm having a problem which might be related to this beta (Aspect). With playback on timeline/source monitor/etc, video appears via the overlay surface while scrubbing. During playback, the video disappears from the external monitor's overlay (actually the whole overlay disappears, leaves my background color) but plays fine on my main screen. It reappears as a still on the external monitor when playback stops.

I opened an old project with force YUV enabled, played back fine. Created a new project in 60i (problem first noted on 24p project) and ran into the same problem. Might it be that I need force YUV enabled for some reason? Running a geforce 8800. Can't toggle the YUV as noted above or I would narrow it down for you. :D

Thanks for the changes, at least I can properly color correct my LCD in the meantime. :)

Carl

David Newman November 7th, 2007 08:01 PM

Some graphics card will only output the exterbal overlay in YUV not RGB. If your 8800 does that, put that is the bucket of more of NVidia mistakes.

Peter Ferling November 7th, 2007 08:07 PM

I don't think any of the 8000 series gamer cards will support dual hardware overlay, you'll need a Quadro FX for that feature, (I believe the ATI HD2000 series will support dual hardware overaly).

Carl Middleton November 7th, 2007 08:27 PM

Argh, good to know. I was hoping that nvidia craziness was over.

On another note, I get a serious error has occurred, premiere has to shut down on m2t export now with the beta, as soon as I hit render. :( Hate to be the bearer of bad news! Is it possible I need to remove the 1.5 HDV directory from 2.0, or uninstall 1.5?

On a happier note, it seems that capturing and converting to cineform as a 1 step process is more stable now on my end. I went ahead and gave it a shot for the first time in awhile, and it worked fine on a capture length that had been giving me problems before. Was there another tweak in there? :)

Carl

David Newman November 7th, 2007 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl Middleton (Post 771999)
On another note, I get a serious error has occurred, premiere has to shut down on m2t export now with the beta, as soon as I hit render. :( Hate to be the bearer of bad news!

Steps to reproduce please.

Carl Middleton November 7th, 2007 10:43 PM

David,

I had rolled back to previous stable version to get some work done, upon a fresh reinstall the problem seems to have resolved itself. I tried it using the exact settings (24p m2t export, max quality other than that default settings) and it worked like a charm!

Probably chalk this one up to an XP driver glitch on my end or somesuch. Sorry!

Carl

Stephen Armour November 8th, 2007 02:24 PM

Is there any beta for NEO 2K as well?

David Newman November 8th, 2007 02:51 PM

No. Only Premiere based tools for now. Prospect 2K can be used to test NEO 2K features anyway.