Beta Aspect update dont let me preview at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old November 14th, 2007, 03:33 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Beta Aspect update dont let me preview

I wrote it before. Ive installed the beta update. I cant preview any effect applied to the timeline now (even the opacity line). I see green screens or no effect at all. Ive reinstalled previous versions of Aspect, the problem goes on.

So: i cant work anymore till i solve this with the help of Cineform. I submited a ticket, some vague answer and nothing for 2 days.

Please i need some help, Cineform.

I have an nVidia videocard. Never had this porblem before this beta test.

The only solution i find: uninstall all my system and start again with the old driver (3 full days of work, anyway necessary from time to time).

Thanks Cineform!

btw, i was thinking of upgrading to prospect... mmmh
Old November 14th, 2007, 04:15 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Work with suppport, as there is something odd on your PC, likely not directly CineForm related. You installed old working software and the issue continued, this means it is not just the software. Ask support about a Debug registry switch.
Old November 14th, 2007, 05:18 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I was editing normally just seconds before the pause i took to update the driver. After that, green alien screens invaded my peace. I dont think its my system. Nothing changed but Aspect.

Support delayed 2 days in answering my tickets

2 days with my workflow stopped. Just after trying Aspect update.

Anyway, thanks for the quick answer. I think i ve checked that registry switch and doesnt work. 3 days more frozen to reinstall my system again.

Perhaps the beta test shows another build should be expected.
Old November 14th, 2007, 05:42 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Nothing wrong with the beta as far as we can tell, all other systems working fine. Work with support, there is nothing I can do other get feedback through support. The registry control output debug, have you reported that to support. Answer on your support ticket, not here.
Old November 14th, 2007, 06:04 PM   #5
Wrangler

Sorry, I've got to defend Cineform on this one. Mixing voluntary beta testing with time-critical work isn't something I would have done, especially if I didn't have a current ghost image of my system or at least an up-to-date networked backup.

Three days sounds like an amazing amount of time to reload your software, even from scratch, and it may or may not actually be necessary. Have you tried uninstalling your nVidia drivers and also double checking that you have the most current display driver before reinstalling? Does the problem happen even without Aspect HD installed? If so, it may be in PPro..not sure if the commonly mentioned work-around of deleted PPro'd *.ini file would apply in this case, but easy enough to try (keep a backup of the file).

Casting stones at Cineform while they are actively working on a public beta with which you chose to experiment isn't really fair to them or helpful to the affected person except to publically vent frustration. If it were a release version, a two day response might be a more valid gripe. I guess there is some good in this tale in that it reminds people that beta software likely will have issues...that's why it is a beta.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2007, 02:36 AM   #6
Regular Crew

my contribution to the beta test

Thanks for the answers. The only important thing for other people and Cineform: something in the update cracked my system. I would check it again before releasing it, my contribution to the beta test. Definetely the problems started after installing this update. And only in Cineform projects, everything normal with my old SD proj. I have the latest nVidia drivers. Evidence enough to suspect of the update.

The only important for me: keep on working, and this of course involves some frustration (are we machines or humans?), mainly when u have silence from the other side. I needed some help, just that. And in my personal case, i hardly have vacations of my editing work (just when im filmming a new documentary), perhaps i should never have done this beta test. But i trust Cineform enough to have tried it.

So as a conclusion to this thread, i hope Cineform checks again the new build of Aspect before releasing it, so i (or anybody else) dont have to go through this again. And I found the force-YUV switch quite relevant for nvidia card owners.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase