Won't playback effects in Premier Pro 2.0 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 7th, 2007, 01:10 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Won't playback effects in Premier Pro 2.0

Hi all, so I start a 24F project and import Cineform XH-A1 footage into the timeline. After I apply an effect to the footage I get a red cross in the upper left hand corner, any effect does this including the cineform effects, so virtually no effect works on my cineform timeline. I would like to know the cause, I did some searching and came upon possible using Ctrl+Space, and that didn't do a single thing for me. Please if anyone has suggestion so I can preview my footage with effects instead of seing a raw with a red X on it, I'd really really appreciate it.

Thank you.
Dmitry Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:13 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Please file a trouble ticket at www.cineform.com/support. I have not heard of this one.

Something to try: uninstall the CineForm software, reboot, then reinstall.
Old December 7th, 2007, 10:13 AM   #3
Regular Crew

It's really strange as this started happening to me on one machine, I migrated to another and now it's happening there as well. :( I filed a trouble ticket will try reinstalling today. Thanks David.
Old December 7th, 2007, 11:17 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Alright reinstaled both Aspect HD and Premiere still the same thing, doesn't accept any effects or transitions for preview. There is gotta be something I'm missing here or something I did.
Old December 8th, 2007, 09:25 PM   #5
Regular Crew

Hi David, I just noticed something else. Whenever I use WMP to view Aspect HD files it flickers as if there are two images interlined and one keeps moving left and right on top of the original, I reverted back to 5.1 which work fine on my laptop and it's still the same thing...what could be different? I reinstalled and uninstalled and registered components. Nothing, I'm using the 8800GTS 640 GDDR3 KO on this one could this be the cause? Please help.
Old December 8th, 2007, 10:41 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Too many questions to ask where this is best handled by support. Use Media Player Classic instead of WMP.
Old December 8th, 2007, 10:46 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks David, I already have a ticket in support and Media Player Classic does the exact same thing, even worse actually because it completely stops and flickers on one frame.
Old December 8th, 2007, 10:55 PM   #8
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Your PC is either broken, or is has some new version of Vista on it. :) Sorry I don't know, but Jake in support has much more user data points to work out what is wrong with your setup. Support will be back at the office Monday.
Old December 8th, 2007, 11:05 PM   #9
Regular Crew

:) Thanks David, I guess I'll wait till then. I have XP 32bit profesisonal on my machine nothing new about it :(
Old December 8th, 2007, 11:57 PM   #10
Regular Crew

Yes! I figured it out, Let the 3D application decide in the nvidia properties and voila! There you go a solution
Old December 9th, 2007, 10:16 AM   #11
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitry Yun View Post
Yes! I figured it out, Let the 3D application decide in the nvidia properties and voila! There you go a solution
You might also like to pass that solution on to support, just in case that hasn't come up before.
Old December 10th, 2007, 09:40 AM   #12
Regular Crew

Sure thing will do David, just to clarify though this only fixes the playback on WMP and MPC; not the effects not showing up in the preview issue. Thanks. I'm getting PP CS3 will see if it still happens there as well when I install later this week, I hope support is looking into it I'm kind of bumed that I can't preview my effects or transitions :(
Dmitry Yun is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase