Project Manager Premier Pro new Aspect HDV files?? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 10th, 2007, 07:17 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Project Manager Premier Pro new Aspect HDV files??

I am using Premier Pro with Aspect HDV and my current project is well over 300gb, I have finished editing and would like to retain the project with the edits for future tweaking etc, is there anyway to use the Premier Pro project manager to create a smaller project using newly created Aspect HD files or is this just not possible?
Steve Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2007, 07:42 AM   #2
Major Player

I think one of the options with the project manager 'trims' the source files, and stores the whole project complete with trimmed source files to a new location. Then, you can get rid of the originals, but be forewarned, if you need to move a cut around, the new trimmed files will have no wiggle room!

Carl
Old December 10th, 2007, 08:21 AM   #3
Regular Crew

"be forewarned, if you need to move a cut around, the new trimmed files will have no wiggle room!"

That is not true. Premiere puts handles on each clip. The defult is 30 but you can change that to ad more.
Todd Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2007, 11:35 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks for the correction! Limited default wiggle room! That's what I meant, I promise! ;)

Carl
Old December 11th, 2007, 03:49 AM   #5
Regular Crew

You can export the new trimmed file with 25frame handles giving you some "wiggle" room ;)

What im asking is since you are using HDV captured files that have then been through the Aspect HD process, will the trimmed project create video files that are native HDV or one that are now using the Aspect HD codec?

Im thinking that if they are native HDV you will now be unable to edit easily using the Aspect HD codec therefore meaning you cannot create a trimmed usable project
Steve Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:27 AM   #6
Major Player

My understanding would be, if you're using AHD files in the project, AHD files are what would be trimmed and output. It wouldn't rerender everything down to m2t just to annoy you, I'm sure ;)

C
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:37 AM   #7
Major Player

I'm not sure Premiere will trim Cineform files. It surely does it for DV, and uncompressed, but I don't know about other formats.
Bart Walczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 04:13 PM   #8
Major Player

It will trim the files to Cineform AVIs, assuming you are editing Cineform AVIs in a Cineform project. Certain file types don't get trimmed (Non-native), only copied to the new project, but Cineform files are trimmed correctly. I believe HDV Mpeg files in Cineform project will be copied in their entirety, but that may have changed in the recent version.
Old December 11th, 2007, 09:41 PM   #9
Trustee

As Mike says, CS3 creates trimmed AHD projects nicely.

BUT... be sure you have installed the 1.3 update!! Prior to that it corrupted/omitted audio files during the trimming process...
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase